5

Doc watches the other halfbreed as he limps in circles, the wire still around his leg. He had placed the egg in the middle of the room and has moved every blanket available around it. A nest. Doc's never seen a creeper build a nest before. Sam has made one, three times now.

"Has he stopped pacing yet?" X voice says as the admin steps out of thin air.

"No. Still won't let you close enough to remove that wire?"

"Nope." X pops his 'p' and leans forward to watch Sam walk. The halfbreed had worn his paws down until they were bleeding, rests until they stopped, then repeated the whole process. Red paw prints covered the floor of the containment unit.

Sam lays down finally curling around the nest, eyes still looking around for any threats. Finding no threats he lets them close.

"X you think we should just let him go?" Doc's voice was a little unsteady, he has never seen one of his kind this stressed. X glances at him before looking back towards Sam. "No, it's too dangerous."

Doc stiffens before looking to his "leader", the admins whole body seemed to radiate unspoken anger. "It?" He asks raising his eyebrow at the void walker. X doesn't respond, fingers dancing over the control panel on his arm. "X you see him as a person, right?"

"He's a beast." X mutters not paying much attention or he would have seen Doc's face change to anger.

"Why cause he's part creeper or because he's afraid?" There is a threaten, hissing, undertone that makes X look at him.

"I didn't mean it like that and you know it."

Doc feels his jaw tighten, organic eye narrowing. "Sure sounds like you mean it that way, X." He hisses moving to fully face the admin.

X doesn't make a move, knowing better than to reach for a weapon. "He's doing it right now. Driving a wedge in the server. This is the problem."

It was a stand off for several minutes, neither yielding to the other, until Impulse showed up for shift change.

"Woah hoo what did I walk into?"

"Nothing." Doc snarls, nearly spiting in X's face before leaving. X nods to Impulse before stepping through a portal.

Impulse taps his thumbs together, rocking on his feet before facing the cell. "Okay... not awkward at all. Who am I talking too?"

--------
--------

Sam was thinner, more muscle then body fat now, he looked sickly almost. He paced the cage with his head and shoulders low. Blood covered the floor like a thick paint. Left turn, walk, left turn, walk, around and around.

The egg and nest had been moved to the farthest corner from the door. Sam protected it fiercer now, far more than before. Doc and X couldn't even enter the room without being attack by the near feral hybrid. There were moments of clarity when he'd rest while Gem was in the room. Once she left it was back to the pacing.

That was until he stopped getting up all together. He laid in front of the nest, unmoving. Xisuma was the first to brave him when Gem couldn't convince him to get up or take food. Sam glared at him from his spot on the ground.

"Hey Sam... you feeling okay?" Sam looks away from him, front paws crossing. This was the strangest behavior X could have imagined. Not even a week ago he couldn't come in the room now he was almost next to the hybrid. "Hey buddy, don't you want to get up? Eat some food? Something?"

The hybrid didn't look at him just flopped onto his side. It was almost like he'd given up. A cold chill ran through X's body as he looked toward the nest. The egg was in pieces. "W-what? What happened?" He asks knowing there wouldn't be a response.