1: Here we go

Sam wrapped his front paws around the little green egg in front of him. This was his, he had to protect it. He collects the egg in his arms and gently places it in a padded bag before rising to his paws. The creeper hybrid runs, paws pounding the ground but barely making a whisper of noise.

He has to protect his egg and to do that he mustn't rest until he's free of these lands. Front paws, back paws, front paws, back paws, a two beat gallop through the jungle. Sam keeps one hand securely on the egg bag. He was once the hunter but now he is mere prey this is something he must never forget.

For the egg.

--------
--------

Sam passed through the barrier to the in-between world hours ago, maybe days, yet he refused to rest until he found a damaged barrier and slipped in. A new world, a new admin, new threats. He hides himself in berry bushes, ignoring how the thorns cut into his side.

Sam lifts his paw to investigate the damage, blood dripped freely from it. "Fuck." He mutters knowing he'd left a trail if his paw was bleeding. That is something for future Sam to deal with as he watches the boarder around the world shimmer, the admin likely realizing there was damage after he entered, for now he was safe.

The creeper hybrid's eyes slide shut as he laid out in berry bushes hole. The egg was safely in it's padded bag resting against his belly. His dreams were full of past terrors and possible future ones.

--
--

X finished repairing the barrier before looking up at the council of Hermits. "Sorry the storm last night damaged the boarder. Something got in, it'll despawn soon." He says though none of the hermits looked too concerned, they trusted him completely.

"Back to what I was saying then?" Ren asks, no malice just a polite inquiry, his legs were tucked under him as sat. X nods giving him his full attention.

The group spend several hours discussing things, making plans. X sends on of his drones to check the chunks around where the barrier had broken when he realized what ever was there wasn't despawning. Doc was talking about his perimeter plans when he got a ping.

//
Unknown player tag discovered.
Error
Error
Error

Drone destroyed.
\\

"Hey guys I think I need to check the boarder." X interrupts, standing from his bean bag. "Something wrong?" Cleo asks but doesn't really move too much. X shakes his head. "No just something there destroyed my drone after finding an unknown player tag."

Doc's eye narrows. "Unknown player tag?" The red beam of his other eye drifts over X's face scanning his expression. "I'll come with you." A few others join him as well.

--
--

Sam had to get out of here quickly, but every step hurt. A drone had found his hiding spot and in moment of semi awake terror he had destroyed it which was a bad move. He limped deeper into the woods, holding his egg close to his chest.

He paused, listening, voice were being carried on the wind. They were close too. He dives into a bush, not thorny this time, and crouches as low as he can.

"Should be close now, my drone was destroyed five chunks that way." One voice says, their boots walk past his bush a smell of curry and bone dust assaults his nose.

Green paws step past next, similar to his own, but this person is bipedal, still they smell of gunpowder like him and a twinge of redstone and earth. "I'll search around here." A deeper voice says.

The others leave but the fellow creeper hybrid stays close. Sam makes the choice to step out of the shadows. This man is a creeper he has to understand. He feels his throat warble, making a noise distinct to his kin. The other hybrid jumps and turns toward him with a sword.

'This was a mistake.' Sam barely had time to think the words before the man was calling to the others. Sam turns as fast as he could, feelings the wounds on his feet open and collect dirt, and he runs. The creeper calls for him in the warble but he had already betrayed kin trust.

He gets a secure hold on his egg before moving faster spraying dirt and blood in his wake. He knows he can't run much longer, not on wounded paws and an empty belly, so he has to find somewhere to hide.

--
--

"Wait!" Doc warbles but the stranger just runs faster leaving a clear trail. Doc waits for X and the others knowing he'd be able to follow the tracks.

X lands beside him with Ren, Etho, and Cub. "What is it? What did you find?" X questions looking around then looking at him for wounds. "They're a creeper and they're feet are injured in someway." Doc says moving to follow the tracks. "They warbled at me, we have to find them."

"Warbled?" Ren tilts his head to the side. "It's how creeper kin talk other than common and hisses. It's a non-threatening way to speak. It's not common for us halfbreeds to warble at each other so I'm worried."

X's hand falls on his shoulder. "We'll find them and if they decide to hurt anybody..." Magic glinted over his fingertips.

--------
--------

Sam whimpers pathetically in his little hole. The egg was free of the bag and safely circled by his front paws. "I'm a monster under a bridge, now ironic." He mutters to the little egg.

He had found a man-made bridge and instead of crossing over it he had waded into the water to get under it. Now he was safe inside a small hole he had dug into the earth. It was warm at least and his feet were cleaner from getting in the water.

He could rest here, this was safe. His eyes drooped as he pulled the egg closer to his body. No one will find him for a long while.