2

Two weeks passed and no sign of the unknown player. It was odd this player had to be somewhere yet no one could find them. That was until Doc, laying near a herd of his kind, heard the warbling. His kin were talking about a halfbred with an egg, hidden by the water, at least that's the gest he got.

X, upon hearing this, sent everyone to search. It took a day for the new person to be found. Doc had his trident pointed down the hole his brethren had made listening to them hiss at him.

--------
--------

Sam took to the water life quite well, soaking his hurt paws in the cool water was always nice, abundant raw fish. He made a bed in his cave out of sea grass as well as fur and leaves from his pelt. The egg was nestled in the middle of the nest in a large mound.

He has been safe for at least a week, no one seemed to realize he was under their feet. The river was a nice noise to listen to. Often he'd lay on the bank, paws tucked under himself like a full creeper, and rest for an hour or two.

The egg needed constant monitoring and moving, the last egg of his servers queen. Sam had watched Dream kill her after he'd gone to her for help. He wanted safety from Dream but had only lead the killer to her, her last gift to his kind was the egg. Perhaps the other creeper would be willing to protect it if he was caught.

'Not if, when I am caught.' He reminds himself, eventually they will find him.

He of course was correct, a week later the other hybrid was staring down into his cave at him. There was a warble from the other, Sam returns it with a hiss. A trident levels with his chest, too close to being pointed at his egg. Sam jumps to his still hurt feet, standing over his charge, feeling his leaves shiver and fur rise.

The other creeper pauses, their own leaves shake but it's different, not threatening like his. The trident is no longer pointed at him or his egg. Sam relaxes a tad bit, leaves no longer shivering.

"What is that?" The other hybrid asks in common. Sam blinks before lowering himself and baring his teeth. "Okay... Okay. Not my business got it. Lets restart. My name is Doc, what's yours?" 'Doc' sits down at the entrance to the cave.

"Sam." He mutters keeping his body lower and ready to attack, trust in the other creeper gone from the moment they called for their admin.

"Nice to meet you Sam." Sam doesn't trust his words, it wasn't nice to meet him and he knew it. Doc's eyes flash to his egg so he lowers himself further trying to block it. "Leave me alone." Sam growls out.

Doc shakes his head slowly. "I can't do that. X wants to know who you are and if you're dangerous. He's the admin here." Sam feels himself stiffen, the admin wants to know. His claws flex out of their sheaths, teeth bare, trident appearing in hand. "Keep him away!" His booming hiss makes the other creeper hybrid tilt back. No admin was getting near the egg.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down. X won't hurt you."

"You've already told him haven't you! Traitor to your own kind!" The Doc guy recoils at being called a traitor. Sam doesn't care, let him feel shame, he had to run. "Not safe." He mutters quietly to himself. He grabs his egg bag and tries to not let the other see the egg as he moves it.

It was an impossible task. "Is that an egg?" Doc asks suddenly moving forward. Sam turns around, rearing on his hind legs, and slashes him with his claws. "Stay back!" He spits entire body fluffing up in rage.

The other creeper retreated quickly hand over his face. 'Good. Let him hurt.' Sam's brain snarls as he follows him out. He runs the second they're clear of the tunnel, paws pounding at the earth.

--
--

Doc should have realized this Sam character would defend that egg once he saw it. Should have known moving closer would trigger him to attack, but he had horrible impulse control. His organic eye was going to have a scar over it now. X landed beside him watching the half-breed run off but worrying more about him.

"Call off the hermits." Doc says once he realizes he's there. "He's protecting an egg."

X nods and sends out a message then grabs his hand, the one over the cut. "They hurt you?" There was a steady anger there like a rolling thunder. "X. It was my fault, I got too close. If it was me I would have attacked too."

The admins lips set in a harsh line under his mask. "You said they were protecting something?" Doc nods. "An egg. It was small meaning it was the last."

X doesn't push because of the look in Doc's eyes. A creeper thing was happening and that was between Doc and the stranger. "Want anything for the cut?" He asks, pulling out a wad of cloth.

"Yes, thank you."

--------
--------

Sam felt it in his bones, a feeling so familiar yet so new. His queen was calling. He had no choice but to answer.