Chapter 17

6 years later...

"Sofia, Timmy, Auntie Meredith is here with Zola and Bailey. They want to pick you up for your play dates. Are you ready?", the Latina yells upstairs to her children.

"I'm coming Momma!", the, now, teenager answers an she hopps down the stairs to meet Zola. The two of them greet with a hug.  "where's Mom?", she asks Callie, wanting to say goodbye to her other mom as well.

"In here!", she hears the blonde woman yell from the kitchen. She quickly says goodbye to them before Zola and she make their way in Meredith's car. Just a few seconds later Tim runs along.

"Byeeeee peopleeee!", he yells, not having the time to hug his parents. Arizona comes out of the kitchen with an amused look on her face. "Did he really just did that?", she asked, looking at Callie and Meredith, who still stood at the doorframe. She got nods in return, thinking to herself that she actually should stop calling her family people out of fun.

"Alright, I gave you our keys, right? When you need anything from the fridge just take it. Make yourself at home. We won't be back until tomorrow, so when you get tired, just sleep in the guest bedroom. We put extra mattresses in the kids' rooms, so that shouldn't be a problem.", Callie informs Meredith, who just nods along.

" Alright, you people just enjoy your night out and have fun! Don't worry too much! ", Meredith said as she playfully rolls her eyes at her friends. They hug and say their goodbyes before Meredith gets in the car too and drives away. The two women stood in their driveway until the car was put of sight.

A few hours later, Callie comes out of the bathroom, finally done with her hair and make up and ready to leave. Just as she was about to protest, Arizona walked out of the dressing room, wearing a tight black dress. It ends just above her knees and has no shoulders. To the dress, Arizona wears her real looking prosthetic leg with black heels. She put a dark shade of red lipstick on and barely visible eyeshadow. She had her blonde her curled which landed just under her shoulders, had put on a golden necklace and golden earrings. "How do I look?", she asks Callie, which could only drool at Arizona's sight. "I take it, it looks good?", the blonde joked. "you look more then just good! You look incredible!", Callie commented, looking at her wife up and down.

Callie wore also a black dress but hers was shorter then Arizona's. She had her hair in a beautiful bun and had hoop earrings put in. Her Highheels were in a cream color.

Instead of complimenting Callie on her outfit, Arizona joggs the few meters towards Callie, cupping her cheeks in her soft hands and pecking her wife's lips. "I fall harder for you, every time I see you!", the blonde whispers against the Latinas lips.

A few hours later after they had a romantic dinner together, Callie insisted on taking Arizona, taking her on a second first date.

They booked a hotel room, had a quick shower each and then decided to get in more comfortable clothes. At around 10pm Callie called their favourite pizza place and ordered their late dinner. While paying for the pizza, Arizona put on their song.

"You remembered? It's been over a decade!", Callie said surprised, remembering how they had danced on their very first date. Back then they had danced, yet not knowing what was about to happen with them, that they would be soul mates. They didn't knew that ups and downs, pregnancies and miscarriages, plane crashes and losing a limb would be coming. They didn't knew they would marry each other just a few years later nor get a divorce.

But all of their past didn't mattered anymore as soon as they started dancing, looked in the eye of their lover and got lost in the heat of the moment. Standing close and having hands placed on hips as they swung to the soundtrack  of their love song.

The next song that was played had a faster beat, but nothing could've pulled each other out of their rhythm. Blonde locks, which were placed on Callie's chest before were pulling away as Arizona moved her head, looking with nothing but pure love and admiration at her wife. "Words can't describe how much I'm in love with you, how happy I am to be able to call you my wife.", Callie whispers quietly. They lay their foreheads against each others, closing their eyes and rubbing their noses together.

Just being with another, in the middle of a hotel room, carelessly swinging their hips to some music had said more words then they could ever think of. Their dance had more emotions in it then they were aware of.

They danced all of their past away. The good and the bad things that had happened to the couple.

Arizona pulled Callie in a slow kiss, passing all she had into the few seconds.

They had needed a fresh start on their marriage, some time apart then. They had needed thousands of miles between them, new lovers. The couple needed new perspectives to realize that their marriage was one of the most important things, next to their kids, of course, that could ever happen to them.

People would often see their new beginning as a mistake, saying that their marriage couldn't been saved anymore. But the couple liked to see it in another way, they had a new beginning, yes, but what people thought couldn't been saved anymore had just made them stronger, made them actually talk problems through. They used to have secrets from one another, but seeing how their last marriage had ended, they decided to stop the secrets, to always be honest with each other.

They accepted that they had lost a few years of marriage, but who cared at this point?

"I love you, Calliope", Arizona whispered against her wife's lips.
"I love you too!", Callie replied, hugging the blonde a little tighter as if their life had depended on this hug.

Seeing their happy life's, their awesome friends and family, they knew they were meant to be.

The End