Daddy's Princess - Chris Evans

"Mom, will you tell dad?" Your daughter said. "Please."

You said, "No, sweetie. You have to do it yourself."

"But what if he gets angry?" She said.

"He won't. Yes, he might be upset. But he will get over it." You said, "You are his princess after all."

You and Chris had been married for a long time now. Almost over twenty years. You have a wonderful life with two twin sons, Adrian and Owen who were seventeen and a daughter, Ava, who was fifteen.

Today she came home and told you about her boyfriend. And wanted Chris to know as well. But she knew how protective her father was. She was his only daughter after all. "Mom, please. Is there any other way?"

"No, my little baby." You smiled at her.

"Ugh. Fine." She groaned. "When will he be home?"

"He'll be home by evening." You said.

"Okay." Ava said, "I will be in my room."

"Sure, baby. Just come down for lunch later." You said.

"Yes, mom." She said and kissed your cheek and left the kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of you had sat at the dinner table with Chris at the head. "How was your day?" He asked.

"Good. It's nice having the quiet around the house." You said. "So, uh..... Ava wants to tell you something. Ava?"

"Y-Yeah." She said nervously.

"What is it, princess?" Chris asked sweetly.

"I-I...." Ava paused, "I have a boyfriend." She said quickly.

"What?!" Chris and your sons yelled at the same time. "A boyfriend, Ava?"

"Yes, dad." She said and looked at her lap.  You could see the fear on her face.

"Who?" Chris asked, his expressions not readable at all. "How long have you been dating him?"

"A month." Ava said.

"Who is he?" Owen asked, an angry expression on his face. Chris had literally trained your sons to be protective about their sister and that she was the princess of the house.

"His name is Hayden." She said.

"No. You are not dating anyone." Chris shook his head. "You're still a baby, Ava. What if he does something to you?"

"He won't, dad. He's very nice and kind to me." Ava said.

"No." Chris said again. "They are always like that in the beginning."

"Show us his photo. We'll go and break his face. How dare he laid his eyes on our baby sister?!" Adrian said.

"Boys, calm down." You scolded. "Chris, come on. Don't do this."

"I said no, okay?" He said to you. "She is going to break up with this Hayden guy and that's it." Chris said.

"But dad.... " Ava pleaded.

"No." Owen said, "Dad's right. You will break up with him."

"Dad, please." Ava was now sniffing her tears back. "Dad... "

"NO, AVA. I SAID 'NO'." Chris yelled at her.

"I hate you. I hate you, dad." Ava said and stood up, going upstairs to her room and banging it close.