Chapter 32

—-
Y/N POV

I can't believe what I'm seeing...

Azula...was here....

She's not serious, she's about to fight her. She looks so angry,,,but when does she not.
I can't really concentrate on what's in front of me. I'm losing blood and my head hurts from crying.

I need to leave..

But from what I can make out...Azula was here to save me?

~~~~~~

"I don't think she meant anything nearly as bad as Azula claims. I mean it's Azula, she probably made all that up!!" Aang screamed over the rushing air from the current of Appa's flying.

Katara seemed frustrated with him. She rolled her eyes and pat her trousers dry after using healing water on Sokka's arm.
She looked back down at Sokka and then at Aang and what seemed to be his ridiculous rebuttal.

"Aang." Katara hushed.

Aang raised an ear.

"I'm not letting her put us in danger." Katara sighed and stood up from her folded-sit.

Aang tilted his head and grabbed harder on his boots.
"What?" He almost shouted. With the thought bubbling in his voice.

"You heard me Aang!" Katara taking the initiative to yell.
Aang stood up almost suddenly and marched over to Katara, who had her hands on her hips.

"Remind me who made you the leader!!?

...and then tell me who's bison you're riding on.." Aang poked Katara right below her collar.

The force of someone's forearm pushed against both Katara and Aang's chest.

"Hey Hey Hey!! Let's not have a superiority contest right now. I wouldn't have expected this from you two..." Sokka reacted. Pushing them away from each other. But Sokka was eyeing Aang more cautiously.

"Jeez Twinkle toes!" Toph cringed.

Aang sighed and looked over the swishing horizon they were flying above.

Taking a deep breath and continued to walk away from the altercation.
He inhaled once more and turned back around to the group.

"I'm sorry...It's just...What if Azula was lying about Y/N...What if Y/N's really in trouble and we let her go?! We left her...

Just like how I left my family...."
Aang finished.

Team Avatar looked at eachother then back at a hunched over Aang.

"We can't know for sure Aang. If we rescue Y/N...We'll be exposed to Ozai and we won't be prepared... All we can do is pray she's safe."

Toph grabbed her knees. Knowing that if Azula was lying just to abduct Y/N again...it would be all their fault.

Sokka clenched his boomerang. He was stuck.
He looked at Katara and then he started to rest his face.

"Katara I know you're against this but think about the time we helped Haru..." Sokka spoked

Katara almost looked betrayed.
"Sokka....." She quietly frowned.

"I'm serious, his duty as the Avatar is to help people. We aren't helping Y/N by just standing around arguing in wether her life is worth saving!" Sokka forced.

Katara felt pressured to agree with her team. She didn't want to agree... But how would she look if she didn't.

——————

"I knew it..." Azula snapped.

Flames decorated the entire half of the room. Another disaster corrupted the servant quarters.

The servants were screaming because of the heat radiating off of the princess standing before them.

Anne, pushed the flames and continued to run toward Azula.
"Azula!! What are you doing???" Anne ran towards Azula with her arms still wide open and a grin on her face.

Azula didn't know what fueled her anger more...
Seeing that Anne was still alive and running around her palace like a roach. Or her hurting Y/N....

A servant quarrel never bothered her, and punishing servants never bothered her either. But Anne....

She wanted to kill her.

But before she could; she looked at the girl sitting under the broken planks and burnt papers.
Holding her chest struggling to breathe through the heavy smog.

"...Y/N.." Azula whispered. Forcibly pushing Anne into a pile of flames. Not hearing her pained screams. Walking hasty, too busy holding her arms open so she could catch Y/N with them.

Y/N looked up with clouded eyes. Holding her jewels with both hands close to her chest. Seeing Azula reach down to hold her before she could breathe the last breath she could before she fell unconscious.

Azula held her. Softly and tightly.

Y/N felt safe. Azula's iron armor cooling down the burns she sustained. She hasn't felt like this during her time in the palace.

In the arms of a princess who's known for violence and terror. Only knowing war to which she traded for peace to hold the girl who's a mere servant.

Azula tucked her head towards Y/N's
"...I got you."