chapter 33 Mommy issues

Camilla was on her phone looking for ways to make some money while Mike, the girls, and the werewolves were doing their own thing. She turned off her phone and felt a bit frustrated.

Camilla: Why is it so hard to get a job?

Mike: Well there's many reasons but hey don't worry you will find one eventually just make sure its nothing like cleaning toilets (chuckles).

Camilla: Ha ha, very funny. (sighs) I wish I could find something.

Mike: Hey don't stress over it. Relax for a little bit, you're trying hard and your best.

Camilla: (Smiles softly) thanks.

Suddenly, everyone heard the door knock and seeing that she wasn't really doing anything, Camilla decided to answer it. She makes it to the door and opens it, revealing a tall and modest woman with long, flowing black hair and a slim red dress.

???: ah, if it isn't-

Camilla shuts the door and locks every lock on it. She goes back to the couch and pretends that nothing happened, completely ignoring the knocking and the confusion from the others.

Mike; uh cam who was it and why did you slam the door in their face?

Camilla: My mom and you don't need to know.

Mike: Well it would be nice to shed some light on that because right now I feel like a jerk for that happening.

Camilla: Don't be, she's a total bitch.

Octavia: Didn't she give birth to you?

Camilla: That's the only thing she has going for her.

Mike: ok but why is she a ... bitch?

Camilla: Oh where do I begin!?! She constantly tries to make me into a proper lady for literally no other reason than to have a kid AND YET every time when I bring a boyfriend home, especially at night, she is always there in her nighty and takes them from me to her bedroom!

Verosika: ... ok wow that is pretty bad.

Camilla: You don't know the half of it. She's a control freak, doesn't even know the meaning of boundaries, and thinks what I do is completely stupid and not something I should care about.

Mike: geez ... when was the last time you even talked with her?

Camilla: Uhhh about 6 years or so.

Octavia: That long!?! All by yourself?

Camilla: Preeeetty much yeah.

Mike: And she just shows up out of the blue, hmmm maybe she wants to make up and fix things.

Camilla: HA no. I don't know why she's here, but it can't be good.

Loona, Summers, and crymini's ears twitch from the constent knocking.

Loona: Well she's not going away it seems.

Mike: Look cam, maybe all we need to do is have a friendly chat with your mom, figure stuff out, then we can move on.

Camilla: Look, you don't-

Queen: Well whatever stops that knocking, we're doing it.

Camilla: What no!

Mike: Don't worry, Cam will figure this all out. So who is your mother? What's her name?

Camilla: ... Aphrodite.

Summer: ... as in, the greek goddess of love?

Mike: the aphrodite of beauty? Your a demi-god!?! Which one are you?