A Perfect Night (Final Chapter)

Key:
(s/n) = son's name
(d/n) = daughter's name

Yumeko P.O.V.

It's been a few years since (y/n) popped the question, and we've been living in harmony.

...Well, as much harmony as having a son and a daughter can provide.

I did have to hold him back from physically abusing our children.

He was not kidding about abusing them, and from that video to boot.

One time, there was a close call involved.

(d/n) ruined the steak by pouring soda on it, and (d/n) witnessed it, and she was ready to tattle on him just as (y/n) stepped outside.

(d/n): "He did it! He did it! I saw him with my own eyes!"

(y/n): "Why is there soda on your hands, (d/n)?

(d/n): "(s/n) spilled it on me?"

I stopped him just moments before he seared them with the grill.

"STOP!"

(y/n): "Yume, I need to--"

"No. You need to put down the grill, and get away from our children, now."

(y/n): "Okay, Yume. Let's not get into a heated argument in front of our chil--"

I took him by the arm.

(y/n): "Owowowowowowowow...."

"You need therapy. Professional therapy."

Timeskip

After several meetings with a therapist, (y/n) began to be a lot more kind towards our kids. Still, I needed made sure he didn't ever try to hurt our kids again by betting him that he couldn't hurt our kids for a week. I knew he would crack soon enough.

Except he didn't. He stayed calm to the kids, and didn't try to step out of line. Whenever he did, he ran out of the room and came back only a few seconds later.

I kept track of all the times I felt that he was going to step out of line.