It's Official (Chapter 9)

You have spent much of you time with Yumeko the past months since the academy was shot up and burned down.

(Yeah, that's the excuse. Roll with it.)

Your relationship with her has grown to the point where you two can easily pass off as a married couple (though the truth of the matter is that you two aren't.)

Still, you felt like Yumeko was your girlfriend, even if you didn't admit it.

Today was when you would confess your feelings, even if she wouldn't understand.

You were able to pick the eating spot this time, meaning that you had all the time in the world to confess to her. There would be nothing to stop you.

"Come on, Yume! You don't want to be late!" you called out.

Not long afterwards, you and your date were at the restaurant, albeit only a few minutes later than you expected. Still, you managed to get the special table for you and your date.

"Do you like it?"

Yumeko: "Looks rather... stylistic."

"I know. It's one... interesting place."

Yumeko: "Why did you choose this one?"

"This seemed the cheapest."

Yumeko: "It's so cheap, and the whole place looks gaudy."

"You know you can't judge a book by its cover."

Yumeko: "And it smells funny too."

As you pass a table, you get one glimpse of the food.

"That is fucking nasty."

Yumeko: "Smell it."

"Smell it?"

Yumeko: "Yes. Smell it."

You took one good whiff of the food, and grimaced with disgust.

"DEUUEAUGH!"

Yumeko: "That bad, huh?"

"No kidding! That's fuggin' NASTY!"

Yumeko: "Can we go somewhere else?"

"If I can get my money back from how much of a ripoff this place is, sure. That's not a problem."