"Like this."

Luana grabbed the duke's pinky and locked it with her pinky.

"And lock the pinkies together."

"What a strange way."

And it was also embarrassing for the duke.

'How can a man and a woman get together so easily? Are witches all like this?'

Legion felt the need to give Luana a word.

"A woman and a man shouldn't put their hands together so easily."

"It's a way to make a promise, so it's okay."

However, even if Legion did what he was told, he couldn't feel anything change.

"I don't feel any change."

Originally, it was only a simple promise gesture usually made by children, so of course there would be no change. Luana said with a smirk,

"It's a promise made by heart."

"Is it okay to break it?"

"Do you think it's okay?"

"What's the point of making a promise?"

"It's all from the heart!"

Luana said firmly.

"It's not a promise to bet on something material."

Is that true? Who can desperately keep a promise that has nothing on the table? Many things came and went between the loyalty between the emperor and the knight. There could be no one who swore pure allegiance without anything.

Although the duke thought so, he did not deny it any more. It was because he ate warm food and his stomach was somewhat full and his heart was enriched. Sometimes this doesn't seem too bad. He put down the pot he had finished eating and looked up at the sky with Luana.

They sat side by side staring at the stars. They didn't even know anyone in the mansion was watching them.

***

"Haha."

Seeing the woman sitting next to the duke, the butler smiled involuntarily. He has been working as a butler for the duke's family for over 40 years. For him, who has been here since the previous duke, the duke of the present day was invaluable. Therefore, he wanted him to be happy, but the only thing he did on a fictitious day was to follow the emperor's orders and go to war.

The duke, who has a picky taste due to the curse, lost weight every time he went outside. He tried to gain weight again somehow, but it was not easy to recover.

"It tastes awful."

He remembered the little duke who was crying and spitting out food. He got a little better with it as he grew up, but that didn't mean he ate more. He hid his body as much as possible with his clothes, but it was as if a skin had been put over his bones. As a butler who saw him, his heart ached.

"That witch!"

Naturally, he, too, had no choice but to hate the witch that had cast the curse on. He couldn't eat, so it was not easy to get along with people because he was sensitive. Many people approached him, but the duke himself refused.

"I'll be the one who will fall apart anyway."

Legion said so and didn't make any friends. So the butler almost gave up on the duke's marriage issue. The butler never thought that he would be in a relationship because he thought it was a luxury to love someone. Later, through arranged marriage, he will be forced to marry and have an heir. That's what he had been thinking, but to his surprise, an amazing thing happened!