74

EN
MTLNovel
Home » The Sick and Weak Horse Dressed As a Villain TSWHDAV » Chapter 74:
The Sick and Weak Horse Dressed As a Villain Chapter 74:
« PrevNext »
≡ Table of Contents
Settings
At 7 o'clock in the evening the next day, Qiao Wen and Chen Jianan changed into formal attire and went to the Peninsula Hotel where the charity reception was tonight.

The theme of the reception was fundraising for refugees.

The war in Southeast Asia that has lasted for more than 20 years has come to an end. Over the past few years, there have been hundreds of thousands of refugees who have sought refuge in Hong Kong City because of the war, including the Kowloon Walled City and the Kwun Tong Yiwu District, both of which are concentrated areas of refugees. In addition, the Hong Kong government has also built several independent refugee camps to provide temporary asylum for these war refugees.

Although the influx of refugees has brought a lot of hidden dangers to the city, many citizens are suffering beyond words. But for politicians and rich people who live in two worlds with refugees, these refugees can become a stepping stone to their careers. This charity cocktail party is another great feat that the rich can be praised for.

The cocktail party invites celebrities in the city, not all the rich, and there are also many celebrities in the literary and artistic circles, in order to weaken the copper smell of the cocktail party.

Qiao Wen and Chen Canan, who are neither rich nor celebrities, are probably the two Mr. Dongguo who are overwhelming at this cocktail party.

However, the two of them in suits and leather shoes, combing their brightly divided heads, looked like famous men, or very handsome ones. In addition, the two of them are very generous, so when they walked into the luxurious banquet hall of the fragrant temples, there was no sense of disobedience at all.

Qiao Wen was calm and generous, all because he was born in his previous life and well-informed, and Chen Jianan's life in the upper class for the first time was also unrestrained, because he was really a very confident young man, and he didn't think there was anything about the rich. Impressive.

Not long after the two went in with the invitation card, they met an acquaintance, it was Zhou Sir who was in full swing in the past six months.

Zhou Renjun was obviously surprised at the arrival of the two. He took them to find a seat and asked, "Why are you here too?"

Qiao Wen said: "Mr. Zhou sent us an invitation."

Zhou Renjun nodded, because he didn't understand business affairs, so he didn't ask much. However, Qiao Wen remembered that his Master Zhou’s Zhou seemed to be related to Zhou Chaozheng’s Zhou, so he asked casually: "Young Master Zhou, what is your relationship with Mr. Zhou?"

Zhou Renjun: "Oh, he is my cousin."

Qiao Wen nodded clearly. The Zhou family has been a famous port in Hong Kong since the Republic of China. It has developed into several branches in the whole family. They are intertwined and have outstanding people in all fields. They are regarded as the most prestigious OldMoney family in Hong Kong.

He recalled the plot of the original world again, because the protagonists were Lin Zihui and Chen Jianan, plus a Zhong Kaiwen who had ended early now. There was very little description of the other giants in the city, and the Zhou family only mentioned it a little, which was completely unimportant. However, in this real world, they are all incredible big shots.

"Brother Renjun!" He was thinking when a charming female voice came.

Zhou Renjun looked back, saw the person coming, smiled and said, "Jia Yin, haven't seen you in a long time?"