Either way I was okay with anything. I'd live and let live.

I made my way to the kitchen. A huge wave of strong aroma slapped me. It slapped me for real! While dealing with the DanMara issue, I forgot about my stomach. Now that I was out, my stomach grumbled in response to the aroma of tomato sauce my nose picked up.

"Oh Lord!" I let out a dramatic cry to catch Kosi's attention.

She shook her head and went on to turn of the cooker. My sister, of course, was used to my occasional drama. In fact, we went along with it sometimes.

I sat on one of the stools, rubbing my belly absentmindedly. "The food smells so good. I hope it tastes even better."

"Shut up and wait in the dining room, will you?"

"Yes, mummy." I rolled my eyes. "I'm hungry."

She dropped the spoon she held on a plate, then leaned on the counter. Like that, she looked like a model on one of those top tier magazines. I usually forget how tall my sister is. She glared at me with stone eyes.

"Kaira. Go, now."

"Fine." I drawled and walked over to the other side to the dining room. The only thing that separated the kitchen and dining was a thin wall and a glass window.

I pulled out a chair, sat and stared at my sister as she dished out our breakfast.

"Where is Amara?"

"Room."

"Why?"

"Dunno." I lied.

"One worded answers? Seriously?" Kosi perked up her eyebrows.

"Sorry. But I'm hungry here."

"Patience. Besides, have you even bathed or brushed your teeth?"

Shit.

"I haven't." I hit my head on the table. "Why me?"

"You can just brush your teeth and bathe after but don't skip it." Kosi suggested.

I lifted my right hand with my head still on the table and gave her a thumbs up, a sign of agreement.

By the time I finished brushing my teeth and having my bath, I joined Kosi and Amara at the dining. I was surprised to find out they had waited for me. Kosi laughed at something Amara told her. Funny enough, Amara looked different from before.

The power of confessions.

"Wow, you guys waited. Why?" I sat beside Amara.

Kosi snorted. "Who was waiting for you before? Amara here was giving me the gist of what you clearly didn't."

"And why would you care about Amara and Daniel being a thing?"

My elder sister faked a gasp. Sure, sure, she belonged to the Drama Club in secondary school after all. "And why wouldn't I care? Amara is the best younger sister I never had."

Amara laughed, and I hit her leg under the table.

"Wow, Kosi. You're denying me like this."

"Don't feel bad about it." Kosi batted her eyelashes at me. Sometimes I forget she's meant to be the very serious elder sister. The type that wouldn't care to engage her younger sister in a talk that was more than five minutes.

"Too late."

Amara sighed, looking at us both. "You guys na."

"Don't worry, Kaira won't cry right now. She reserves for her lonesome nights."

"I hate you!" I couldn't help laughing.

Who even likes crying in the morning?

"Don't worry, dear. The feeling's mutual." Kosi stood and blew me a kiss, which I made sure to dodge. "Let me get breakfast."

"What about mum and dad?"

"They're jet-lagged. They said they'll eat later."

While Kosi shared our food for us, Amara and I engaged in small talk. Mostly about her conversation with Daniel when I wasn't there.

"So, you guys are like a thing now, abi?" I leaned back, watching my best friend. She seemed very happy.

"Yeah. Thank you, Okorie Adelaide Kairayochukwu." She grinned, knowing how much I disliked when people said my name in full. My Igbo name was already long enough.

I scrunched my nose. "Gee, you're welcome."

"But seriously, thanks. I can't even imagine how I would have told Daniel. Like, hey, Dan, even if I practically acted disgusted whenever the option of you and me liking each other was brought up, it looks like I ended up liking you." Amara said and shook her head. "No, it won't make sense."

"It won't." I nodded.

With my hands now behind my head as I stared at the ceiling, I sighed. And now, I would have to face the consequences of being left out on certain occasions. As their friend, I had to face it.

"Kaira, will you-"

"Amara please help me pass these." Kosi appeared with plates in her hands from the glass window that connected the kitchen to the dining.

Amara stood and assisted Kosi.

When everything was set, we said our prayers and began eating. Eating, yes. The food tasted lovely. Very great. However, it didn't help in dispersing the painful thought that kept tugging at the back of my mind. Since my two close friends would most likely want to spend time with each other all day, it meant that I would be left alone. Maybe.

I just had to deal it with.