41 | Astrological Superstitions

firstly, i want to say something.
i'm not liking these silent readers who won't even comment or vote.

speaking as a writer, it doesn't help or encourage u to write another chapter if no one comments.

when u comment, i understand what u like and in which direction i should take my story to. and it's simply intriguing to read your comments. so i urge you'll to comment. xoxo.

I WOULD LIKE TO make a statement that is not much anticipated on my part

I WOULD LIKE TO make a statement that is not much anticipated on my part. But hear me out.

Binita is not sane.

How can she be when she literally sat me down with Aman and explained how we were compatible yet not sexually active. I know we've never slept with each other, but why does that woman have to meddle in things that don't concern her.

Never have I ever been so bothered about my love life ever since then.

Aman didn't care what she said, but somehow I was bothered. I know, it's sheer stupidity to care about somebody else's opinions, but she's supposed to be a counsellor or something, right?

"Come on, get here Kavya. Let's read that hand of yours and determine what's written for you and your future." Binita yells from the living room couch, settling down some weird antique instruments which looked like tiny weapons to me.

I whine inwardly and head for the couch. As I sit down, she pulls out a red thread and ties it across both of my hands. Aman suddenly seems interested because he drops the cheese sandwich he was snacking and gets closer to us.

Binita starts chanting some sentences out of nowhere and sprinkles water on me.

"What are you'll even doing?" Divya questions walking in totally confused. She settles down at the opposite couch looking at Binita as if she had grown two heads.

"We're predicting about her." Binita announces proudly. "You're going to be next," she says, pointing to her.

"Nah, thanks," Divya slightly scrunches up her face. "I'm good."

After what feels like an hour of chanting and sprinkling water here and there, she produces a locket from her carry bag.

"Ha, typical." Nishaant chimes, coming from the kitchen and striding towards Divya's couch.

"You kids must be judging me and my antics," Binita explains. "But you'll have no idea about the power of astrology. Astronomy is not a superstition. Some people think it's absurd, but it's a form of knowledge that helps concentrate your mind and body."

"I'm sorry," I begin. "I don't want to be mean or rude but I completely disagree with what you just told. I mean, how can you call this knowledge when astrology literally works on guessing. I have trouble believing that this is true."