31 | Rules & Demands

NEVER IN MY twenty-two years of existence did I think I would be doing this

NEVER IN MY twenty-two years of existence did I think I would be doing this. For the first time ever in her life, Kavya Patel was going to be introducing her friends to her parents. This was going to be legit lovely.

Note the sarcasm.

"Why are we here?" Dhruv grunts irritatedly beside Arjun, who seemed the least interested out of the lot.

"Patience. I'm waiting for Vedika and Nishaant to come. Then I'll tell you'll." I say, looking at their uninterested faces.

I still don't believe that I'm doing this. My parents were so happy when I told them I had made friends. I had never ever made or had any friends before, neither in school nor in the college. So you can imagine their excitement to meet them.

I'm pretty sure if my parents met the entire lot without any warning then they would totally lose their minds out of shock. I mean I know how clinically insane each one here is.

So I decided that it would be good to sit all of them down in the hospital garden during break and beg them to put on their best behaviour. I know it's too much to ask for, owing to the way Dhruv, Arjun, Divya, Zivah and Aman are throwing frustrated glances at me every few seconds.

"Oh God Arjun, that's yuck. Honestly, yuck." Zivah scrunches her face in disgust as she looks into Arjun's phone.

He laughs, "yaa, can you believe they actually do this?"

Dhruv curiously peeps his head into Arjun's phone to see what they were talking about and his eyes go wide. "God, that's both, hot and disgusting."

"What?! Show me, show me," Divya runs over to them.

"Apparently, some girls from our college have sent Arjun nudes. Like actual nudes. Who even does that?" Zivah scoffs.

"It's not hot. Just disgusting." Divya frowns, looking into the phone.

"Why do girls have to stoop so low to get your attention?" Zivah questions in an amazed tone and points to his phone screen, "That's Mahek, right?"

"Yeah it's her. Wait, is that other one Disha? I guess I've seen her in one of my classes," Divya states. "But she's a junior. Then why is she sending you nudes?" She scoffs.

"She has a really good ass, though," Zivah remarks. "God, I gotta stop looking at these naked girls otherwise I don't know how I'm going to face them in the college halls."

"So does Heena know that her lovely boyfriend is receiving nudes from all over the college?" Zivah questions dramatically.

"Just imagine what will happen if she comes to know," Divya laughs. "She'll probably threaten every single girl in his contacts."

"We broke up." Arjun states randomly.

Zivah snaps her head at him in surprise, "Seriously? No kidding?"