🥫chapter one🥫

"Well, they're teenagers. What can you expect from them. I'm very proud of them either way," the woman says as she's handing the cashier a carton of milk.

The cashier nods while listening to the woman rant about her two teenage boys. Every Friday it was another story but it always ended the same, saying she was proud of them for trying.

"How old are you already, Jeongmin?" the woman asks as she walks to the end of the cash register to put her groceries in a big bag with light blue polka dots on it.

The cashier, who's name was just brought up which is an indicator for a close relationship between the client and her, smiles slightly.

"Already 23," Jeongmin wipes a hand across her forehead as if her life has been difficult.

"Ah sweetheart, you are still so young. So full with curiosity and hope. Cherish it," the woman holds the cheek of the wide eyed girl before giving it a short squeeze. "Before you know it you are stuck in a family house with a 60 year old who's never home and two teenagers who do absolutely nothing."

Jeongmin doesn't quite know how to respond so she just nods with a friendly smile on her face.

The woman sighs deeply as she lifts up her grocery bag. "I'll get going now."

"Have a nice day Mrs. Kim," Jeongmin says as she wants to leave her spot behind the cash register.

"Harin for you," the woman says firmly before walking towards the exit of the grocery store which is right next to the cash register. Jeongmin stays put and follows Mrs. Kim with her eyes. As the automatic doors open Mrs. Kim looks behind her shoulder.

"I'll have a chat with my boys saying they should apply for a job here. Handeling a store all on your own as a young lady can be quite dangerous these days!" she yells while not even standing 10 meters away from Jeongmin.

Jeongmin doesn't need help, especially not from some teenagers who will most likely just give her even more stress with the store. But you can't decline an offer from Mrs. Kim Harin. Everyone in town knows that rule.

"Sure do!" Jeongmin replies while waving with one hand in the air. "Bye sweetheart," Harin says and leaves.

Jeongmin sighs watching the woman walk towards her car, a Hyundai genesis. Jeongmin to this day still doesn't understand why that family decides to keep living in this town. Everyone can barely afford a car while they are over here riding around in a Hyundai.

Harin is a lovely woman but she's old. She tries to keep track of what is happening among the children these days but fails miserably. Creating an Instagram account and following your kids' friends is not the best step to take.

Jeongmin jumps out of her chair and walks into the nearest aisle. She starts checking the prices and replacing all the products that are in the wrong place, even tough she shouldn't even have to do this. The town is placid. Everyone coming into the store, leaves without touching anything they shouldn't.

When she walks into the candy aisle she hears the sound of the electric doors opening and voices filling the room. She keeps walking and eventually arrives back at her chair behind the cash register.

She doesn't sit down yet but turns around and looks at the monitors who show the camera footage. She sees two teenage girls walking trough an aisle.

Now knowing who is in the store she sits down and waits.

After a few minutes she hears their voices becoming louder and closer. Eventually she sees them walking out of an aisle with two cups of instant ramen.

Their chatting doesn't stop once they are standing in front of the cash register.

"Iseul is definitely gonna shoot her shot the second she sees him, I'm sure of it." one of them says to the other while laying the cups of ramen on the counter.

"Definitely! She's such a hoe for new boys," the other says with a disgusting look on her face.

"Remember that Joowon guy? He actually liked her! Like how could he? Everyone saw that she wasn't gonna hold onto him longer than a month."

"1300 won," Jeongmin says trying to ignore the conversation between the customers like how she always does. Things like these conversations she heard daily but she still feels guilty for listening along.

The girls look up at her as if she interrupted their conversation but instead they feel like she just joined the conversation.

"Have you heard about the new guy in town? Well, he isn't here yet, but people are speculating!" the girl stops the sentence without giving Jeongmin the information she need to understand what's going on.

"I haven't heard about anything," Jeongmin answers.

"Oh, I thought like everyone in town already knew," the girl says condescending.

"I will explain," the other girl says while leaning against the cash register, "You know Mr. and Mrs. Jeon right?" Jeongmin nods.

"It seems like they have a son who moved to Seoul two years ago but is now coming back here to visit them. And rumors go, he's hella fine," she whispers the last two words as if no one is aloud to know.

Jeongmin chuckles, "I'll tell you girls once I see him around here."

"You have to!" They both demand.

Jeongmin looks down at the two cups of instant ramen and then back at the girls. With her index vinger she point towards the price shown on a small screen standing on the cash register.

"Oh yes, almost forgot!" one of them says while quickly grabbing here purse and takes out a banknote of 1000 won and three coins of a 100 won.

Jeongmin holds out her hand to receive the money. "Have a nice day girls," she says when the girls each grab one of the instant ramen cups.

"You too," they say and walk out of the store, continuing to gossip.

A new boy in town. Jeongmin thinks of Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. They are also rich. Just like Harin's family, but they don't drive around in expensieve cars and wear luxury jewelry.

If you see the Jeon family you would think they are poor, or at least not in the highest class of Korea, while they actually are.

They live in the biggest house in town. Jeongmin always walks past their house when going home from work.

Jeongmin knew that they had a son and she knew he moved to Seoul, but she didn't know that he decided to come back.

She becomes excited and curious since most people in this town are either in their 50's or in their early teens so she doesn't have a lot of people to be friends with.

Suddenly the doors open and she sees Mr. Jeon walk in.

🥫

The first chapter is finally here! Enjoy this story and don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you want to continue reading this story (:

nina