Part 8 (Chara)

I wake up to the feeling of someone shaking me by the shoulder, I groan in pain. I look to my left to see Frisk, the one shaking me by my shoulder. I sit up and she holds out a cup of tea.

"It's Asgore's specialty" Frisk grins at me. I take the teacup from her hands and sip it. It tastes sweet and flowery, but it always used to when we lived together.

"Frisk I- I'm ok now" I tell her and she nods happily. I notice that she has my soul choker around her neck, but with a bandage rapped around it. She catches what I'm looking at.

"I uhh- the soul cracked during the determination injection I fixed it up best I could I'm sorry I couldn't do any better" I reach my hands around her shoulders and hold the back of her neck. I pull her in and kiss her on the lips. She breaks off from the kiss embarrassed. "Chara, everyone is watching" she exclaims nervously. I look behind her to see everyone, except Undyne, staring at us in awe. I laugh and unbuckle the choker from around her neck. I guess I'm really bad at keeping secrets. Frisk takes the choker off of me. "Let me" she offers and pushes my hair back, fitting the choker around my neck. She buckles it up and steps back to look at me. "Absolutely beautiful, come on precious" she compliments and leads me to the group of monsters by the hand. We all sit around the circle laughing with each other and drinking our tea. Surprisingly mom and dad are joining in the group discussion without trying to kill each other. Papyrus explains the puzzles he made Frisk endure earlier. Undyne talks about her recent visit to the school in the capital in which she suplexed three teachers to show off her strength. Alphys starts explaining the plot of "mew mew kissie cutie" to all of us. Sans falls asleep, Papyrus, Toriel and Asgore all sit their with blank expressions on their faces. Yet Undyne and I are both enthralled with Alphys' words. Frisk on the other hand is enthralled with me, staring dreamily at me, resting her head on me and playing with my hair.

"Wow Alphys! That show sounds awesome! I love people who care about their friends" Undyne exclaims and winks at Frisk. She giggles in response. "We will have to watch it together". I can't contain my excitement, the show sounds fun and exciting.

"Please let me watch it with you guys!" I blurt out. Alphys and Undyne grin at me.

"Y-yeah! It would be great to watch it again with you guys" Alphys says timidly, blushing at Undyne. The romantic connection between the two of them was so painfully obvious, even Papyrus could piece together that these two were madly in love.

"Hey, Mr Dreemurr, if we aren't going to take these human souls then uhm, how are we going to break the magical barrier?" Papyrus asks naively. Asgore drops his teacup and it shatters on the ground. Everyone falls silent. Papyrus looks around at everyone awkwardly.

"Erm, I guess we'll have to think of a new way"Asgore answers completely stumped. He looks thoughtfully at Toriel, who smiles happily back at him. I was so happy to see the two of them getting along for a change.

"I have a few experiments I'm working on that might end up shattering the barrier" Alphys declares excitedly. Undyne grabs her by the shoulder roughly.

"Anything I can help you with?" She asks. Alphys starts to sweat nervously.

"Oh n-n-no thanks U-Undyne, it's a bit uhm, s-sciency for you" Alphys responds nervously, Undyne shrugs.

"Well this has been lovely, but I think it's time for everyone to start heading home before it's too late" Toriel says. Everyone nods and starts clearing up their teacups, putting them on the table where I had been resting. Frisk and I stay on the floor, cuddling each other lovingly. Alphys and Undyne leave together waving goodbye to all of us and smiling.

"Hey Toriel, kids, if you need help getting home, I know a shortcut" Sans offers, walking over to Papyrus. Toriel seems thoughtful for a moment then gives me a smile.