Part 6 (Chara)

Whilst walking through Waterfall I couldn't help but ponder everything that had happened so far. There were many questions floating around in everyone's heads, such as, "how can Chara be alive". The most important question on my mind however, was why Frisk ever committed genocide, even though she has all these strong friendships with everyone, she decided to kill all of them. Curiosity of what would happen was logical, but Frisk is a very determined individual, there's no way she would ever break her non violent ways. So it always left the question of why any of this started in the first place.

I wasn't very familiar with Waterfall as a region, I never really went here, I mostly stayed at home anyway, rarely going outside. Both mom and dad were extremely protective of me, and as a young child I valued it. But now I'm out here in Waterfall, it's made me realise that I need to explore the world more. I'm far to old for this protective bullshit now, I need to get out and explore.

"My child, please stay close to me" Toriel says as I walk away from her to take in my surroundings. I shake my head.

"No mom. I can take care of myself. I just want a chance to experience the world is that so wrong?" I reply. Toriel makes a frustrated growl.

"Alright Chara, but please don't lose sight of me" Toriel begs. I nod and she turns back around. Waterfall is a stunning place, dark, gloomy, but it has a charm to it. The dim natural lights are beautiful, and the sound of rushing water just makes the area feel so comforting.

"Don't you just love the look of this place?" I ask Toriel, gazing around in awe. She turns around and gives me a slight smile.

"Yes darling, it is gorgeous. We must press on Chara it's getting late" Toriel answers. She starts walking faster and I follow, trying to keep up with her pace. We arrive quickly in Hotland. My instant impression of the place is one of disappointment, it's an uncomfortable place, filled with machinery, steam and most importantly, heat.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Toriel was visibly uncomfortable in the heat, she seemed close to collapsing. I run up to her and take her arm to support her.

"Hang on Toriel, there's an elevator up here" I lead her to the nearby elevator and help her inside. I select a room at random, hoping it will get us closer to the end of Hotland.

"I feel quite faint Chara, I need water" Toriel chokes.

"We'll get you water soon, I promise. Just hang on for a bit longer". The elevator dings and the door opens to reveal a dark, purple area caked in cobwebs. I hear the voice of someone giggling in the distance.

"Hello? We need help" I call out.

"I heard that the king was looking for one more human soul" the voice in the distance responds. I fumble in my pocket and pull out my knife. This place gives me the creeps, and that voice sounds threatening, it's best to be prepared.

Suddenly a monster descends from the ceiling. A giant spider monster.

"The king is going to pay us good money for your soul, human" the monster explains. I hold my knife up to her.

"I don't want any trouble, my mom she needs water" I point at a weak Toriel. She is trying to speak but is lacking the energy to do so. The monster shrieks when she sees Toriel.

"You didn't mention your mother was the queen dearie. How can I help?" The monsters tome changes from threatening to one of anxiety.

"She needs water, please" I beg the monster, grovelling on my feet.

"Help me move her into my parlour, my name is Muffet, and I promise you, the queen will be just fine" Muffet grabs hold of Toriel. I join her and together we drag her into Muffet's parlour, lying her on a chair. A group of spiders scurry in, carrying a teacup full of water. I help Toriel drink it, restoring colour to her lips.