Part 3 (Frisk)

My scratched-up face felt completely racked with pain. Despite the immense pain, I comfort the person who disfigured me as such. I understood why she attacked me, she was confused and alone, but I would make sure that that would end today. I notice my soul that she's hanging around her neck. I could take it back from her right now, but yet I'm hesitant to do so. Even if it was my soul, I must've sold it to her in a fair deal in another timeline I can't remember. To steal it back from her while she's weak and injured would be wrong. Not to mention it suits her eyes. I rest Chara's head down gently on the ground and stand up, wiping my bloody nose on my sleeve and spitting some blood out of my mouth onto the ground. Toriel should be here soon, she would be able to help us. I gaze back at Chara, she looked so peaceful in her sleep, even if she is a little bit bloody. I walk out the door and into the room where Flowey would usually be.

Flowey wasn't there, instead, Toriel stood in his place. She gasped when seeing me.

"Oh you poor child must've fallen down" she says"I thought I heard loud noises coming from the other room. What happened to your face young one" she runs towards me and holds my hand, kneeling down to my level and looking me in the eyes.

"Please I need your help" I beg. She nods.

"I can see that clear as day. Follow me child I will take you back to my place and nurse you back to health-" I interrupt her by shaking my head. She looks at me confused. "Is something else wrong my child?" she asks.

"Follow me please, I'm not the only one in need of your help" I ask and tug on her hand. She frowns at me. She seems thoughtful for a moment, looking up to the ceiling then tightens her grip on my hand.

"Alright child, lead the way, but be quick, that eye really needs medical attention" I don't waste a moment. I practically drag her into the next room where I left Chara, lying on the floor sleeping. Toriel gasps at the sight and lets go of my hand, rushing toward her.

"Oh my gosh" she cries, I can hear her sobbing. Did she know Chara? Why was she so emotional about seeing her in this state?

"Please help us both" I ask her. She doesn't even acknowledge me, cradling Chara's body in her arms, rocking her softly. Finally, she looks back at me.

"Who did this child?!" she shouts at me. My eyes widen in fear, causing pain in my scratched-up left eye. I feel so guilty, knowing that I was the one that fought her. I look down at my feet.

"Please just help us" I say meekly. Toriel stands up, carrying Chara's body. She gives me a smile.

"Of course I will child, stay close to me, I will take you back to my house" she indicates for me to follow her and we leave the room, walking all the way through the ruins. The monsters don't attack us, probably due to Toriel's presence. I've never seen her walk so fast and seem so determined.

"Excuse me" I ask.

"Please call me Toriel" she responds.

"Ms. Toriel, do you know this girl?" I ask. She freezes in place at my words, her eyes widening.

"No of course not my child, humans aren't often around in the underground" she laughed nervously, even Helen Keller could tell she was lying. Somehow, she knew who Chara was. "Please skip the Ms, my child, Toriel will do fine". For the first time, Toriel's words no longer made me feel safe and secure. Something was off about the relationship between Chara and Toriel and I was determined to find out what. We passed the giant tree in front of her house. "Quickly my girl, my house is just up ahead" Toriel explains. She starts running to her house, holding Chara tightly. I slip away to the right and go to where the toy knife is. I'm not one for using weapons or even violence of any kind, but in a world as strange and unfamiliar as this has been so far, I decide it's better safe than sorry. I stuff the toy knife into my pocket and rush off in the direction of Toriel's house.