Part 7 (Frisk)

It took all the determination in my body to not emotionally break down at the sight of Chara. It broke my heart to see her like this, but I know that I can't break down right now, her life is depending on me. I attempt to reach an old save file, but I can't find one. A sharp pain hits me in the chest and I yell through gritted teeth in pain. My breath started to get heavy and frantic, I began overheating. I didn't understand why, but suddenly I wasn't able to load my save files. I couldn't break into an anxiety attack right now, with Toriel in emotional distress and Asgore in a guilty shock. Undyne grabs my shoulder.

"Listen girl, this child is depending on us. Doctor Alphys is on her way, right now we're the only ones that can save her. I need you to take off your shirt, it's important we apply pressure to her wound to help stop the bleeding" Undyne says. I nod and unbutton my shirt, I take it off and roll it into a ball. Undyne grabs it from me, picks up Chara by wrapping one hand around her back, then applies the shirt to the trident punctures. The shirt is soaked with blood almost instantaneously. I bite my hand, ready to crack from the nerves. Undyne growls at me sternly "don't crack now girl! Stay determined!". I give her a look and nod.

"What can I do?" I ask Undyne.

"We need to move her out of here, onto a table or a bed" Undyne explains "help me carry her". I grab Chara by the legs and look at Undyne.

"On 3. 1, 2, 3" we lift Chara, she is lighter than I thought she would be. We scan around the room for something to put Chara on.

"The table, over there" Undyne says and starts leading us towards it. We lay Chara down on it. Undyne elevates Chara's head. "Now we just have to wait until help arrives. It'll be alright..."

"Frisk" I introduce myself. She nods.

"Sorry about your shirt, it looked good on you" I laugh a little.

"I think it was hers actually" I reply.

"Siblings?" Undyne asks. I shake my head.

"Something- more" I burst into tears. Undyne extends a hand and pats me on the back.

"Easy kid, no one is dying on Undyne, even if it is a human" she comforts. I smile at her.

"Why don't you just take the human soul now? You could take hers or even mine, nothing is stopping you" Undyne shrugs at my words.

"Because he's a pushover" she points her thumb back at Asgore, who is still standing still in shock. Undyne noogies me "and I kinda like you kid, you're driven to care about this girl, it's admirable. I feel the same way about another girl too" she seems thoughtful, but happy.

"Who's the lucky girl" I ask her. She glared at me and grits he teeth.

"I don't like you that much, punk!" She shouts back. I giggle at her, and she joins in laughing.

"Alphys once told me that laughing is a good solution to get over pain, both physically and emotionally. Glad you're here blue eyes" Undyne was very calm about the situation. It made sense as to why so many of the undergrounds youth looks up to her, because she was committed to helping people.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Suddenly, the lights flicker off and then on again. Sans is standing beside Undyne now.

"Sans!" She cries out "you run really fast for such a lazy creature". Sans winks at her, then he looks at me.

"The kid gonna be fine?" He asks me. I shrug solemnly.

"Sans, we have a problem" I tell him. His facial expression becomes a serious one.

"What?" He demands. I glance up at Undyne, not willing to tell her about the timeline shenanigans that only Sans, Chara and I can understand.