Part 1 (Frisk)

"It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these, kids like you. Should be burning in hell". The number of times that I had heard these words was pure insanity. How many times had I been here, hundreds? Maybe thousands. Most people would've thrown in the towel, how many times would it take for me to fail to finally give up? I look across the room at Sans, his soulless eyes gazing deep into my conscience. The number of times I've failed to me is irrelevant. I am determined to finish this battle and see the ending. I never even wanted to hurt anyone, these monsters, were my friends. Yet I killed them all, just out of morbid curiosity to see what would happen, simply because I could.

It's kind of similar to the story of Lucifer really. I was the chief of angels, I saved all the monsters from the dark, depressing underground and let them all experience the surface world, fulfilling their hopes and dreams, and despite having done good deeds, the godly power that I had made me restart this world and burn it to the ground.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I turn my attention to Sans, and brandish my knife, ready to fight again, and die again. My hand is shaking as usual and I shoot him a pleading look. There is no mercy in his soul and I already know that. Why would he give any mercy to someone such as me, the person who murdered his brother. I snap out of my thoughts and run towards Sans, an angry but determined look on my face, with him reflecting the same expression, determined to stop me once again. 
"Kid, I can keep this up for decades" he shrugs, sidestepping my knife strikes. How can one lazy, miserable skeleton, dodge my knife swings with such ease. None the less I carry on with my attacks. Swinging right, swinging left, missing each and every strike.

"And I can keep this up for as long as I need to Sans, I have to see the end of this path I've chosen" I say through heavy, exhausted breaths. I take one stab at Sans, but before it can connect he grabs me by the hand.

"In another life kid, tell me honestly. Were we ever really friends?" he asks through gritted teeth. His grasp is too strong, and even when pushing the knife with all the force I can muster.

"Yes, yes we were" I answer, entirely emotionless. I feel like I want to cry, yet the tears won't come to my eyes.

"Then what is the point in any of this kid. Do you hate my jokes that much, do you hate my brothers saccharine personality, or do you just hate monsters as a whole?" I break away from his grasp and take two steps away from him. This is a new experience for me, Sans and I have never had this conversation before in any of my previous attempts to murder him.

"Yes Sans, we were friends. The reasoning for these events is too complex for anyone to understand, even you" I respond, the tears I've been wanting to shed finally coming to my eyes. "I was friends with all of you, Papyrus, Undyne, even Asgore. Together we all opened the barrier and left this miserable hell hole". He shoots me a confused look.

"Kid why did you have to take away our happy ending? All of us were happy, even you. Why on earth would you take that away from everyone?" Sans demands, the anger returning to his eyes and voice. I feel a tear running down my cheek. I don't want to do this, I never wanted to do any of this. I look down at my feet in shame.

"I don't know why I did any of this" tears begin streaming down my face and I sob quietly, in the hopes Sans won't notice.

"Let me tell you something, this whole time I thought you were a walking contradiction to the deus ex machina, here to torture all of us, butcher us and crush all our hopes and dreams" his posture changes to be more casual, almost like he no longer wants to battle. "but now I know that in reality the tortured one is you". His words are true, I should've been the deus ex machina, but instead I was the opposite, completely ruining this story for everyone involved, including myself.