46 | daddy's little girl

"You're daddy's little girl, to have and to hold, a precious gem is what you are" -
Daddy's Little Girl by The Mills Brothers

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— THEY HAD FINALLY REACHED the moment that Scott had been dreading ever since Isabella was born, giving her away. He stood next to Isabella waiting to walk through the doors to give her away to James. She had her arm wrapped around his, taking some deep breaths to calm herself down. She knew as soon as she saw James she would be just fine. Romeo was behind her fixing her vail when she felt her dad squeeze her hand. She looked up at him to see an encouraging smile on his face. "You're going to be okay" He whispered to her making her smile and nod after a moment.

She turned towards the door when Romeo moved to go and open them. He looked over his shoulder and Isabella gave him a nod of approval. The doors opened up, the music began, and everyone rose from their seats. As soon as James saw her, he felt as though the whole world had come to a halt and it was only them two. He could feel himself becoming emotional when she gave him her familiar loving smile that he had grown to love. She looked absolutely stunning in her dress, the floral patterns that cascaded down the gown suited her perfectly. She looked like an angel sent from heaven just for him.

When they reached the end of the isle, James walked forward to take Isabella when her dad handed her off after taking a deep breath to compose himself. Everyone sat down and the music softened. The priest began speaking while James and Isabella looked at each other lovingly, complementing each other, both looking completely smitten with one another. Behind them Scott stood, panicking slightly as he tried to remember what else he had to do. He could feel everyone in the building staring at him, waiting for him to mess up.

"Who presents this woman in holy matrimony?" The priest asked brining Scott back into the present moment. "I do" he said in just above a whisper, but he managed to hear him. James and Isabella walked forward slightly whisky Scott went and sat down next to Sirius who gave him a well done pat on the shoulder. As Scott sat there watching Isabella, he couldn't help but replay the priest's words in his head. 'Who presents this woman?' This woman. But she's not a woman she's just a kid and she was officially leaving him.

He realised at that moment he wouldn't come home and be greeted with her smile, never have breakfast with her before she goes off to school. Even though those things were all ages ago, they felt like yesterday. He suddenly realised what was happening, Isabella was all grown up and leaving him and something inside him began to hurt a little. She moved out a while ago but now it's really official that she's never coming home. With a deep breath he brought himself back into the moment tow at h his daughters' special moment.

"Repeat after me, I, James Potter" The priest began as Isabella and James turned to face each other. "I, James Potter" James repeated while looking down at Isabella with nothing but love in his eyes for the woman in-front of him. "Take thee Isabella Love" James repeated once again. "To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and to comfort from this day forth" James repeated his finale words, trying to keep his shaky voice at bay.