37 | picnic date

"You put the light in my life" - Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John

Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— ISABELLA HAD THE DAY off from doing farm work, so she had the whole day to herself until James got home. They were going on a date, so she spent most of her day getting ready for that and rocking out to ABBA. When she had found a feather boa all things to do with getting ready, we're over. She danced about the house in her pyjamas with that feather boa for hours.

She had made her way through to her bedroom and jumped up on the bed whilst Dancing Queen blasted around the house. She jumped up and down on the bed, swinging the boa around as she sang along to every single word with feeling as she pointed at herself in the mirror. "Young and sweet, only seventeen" She sang, probably incredibly out of tune but she couldn't care less, she was having the time to her life and there was no one around to hear her but the cows in the field.

She hadn't realised she had been feeling down before but she found after she fell back onto her bed that she felt lighter. All she needed was a dance party to make her feel better. She lay there for a little while longer, catching her breath. Eventually, she manages to haul herself off of the bed and over to her cupboard. She grabs a pair of dark jeans and a striped jumper and quickly puts them on before making her way towards her dressing table.

She sits down in front of the mirror and begins curling her hair whilst the music plays away in the background, echoing around the room as she hummed along to the happy tune. It seemed she was ready in the nick of time as she heard a car pull into the driveway. She hopped up from her seat and over to the window that looked over the garden and sure enough there was James getting out of his car.

He spotted her in the window and gave her a wave and a sweet smile which she returned before turning on her heel and making her way downstairs. "Hello, my love" James greeted as he walked through the door, shutting it behind him before taking off his jacket and hanging it up. Isabella happily made her way over to him to greet him with a loving kiss.

"You're looking nice" He complimented, bringing his hand up to her cheek, letting her lean into it with a content look on her face. "Thank you, love. Did you have a good day?" She asks as she follows him back up to the bedroom so that he can now get dressed. "Sirius almost set the auror department on fire" James informed her simply making her look at him with a look of disbelief.

"What on earth happened?" She questioned making him laugh and shake his head. "You don't want to know, trust me" He insisted, cringing as he okayed the moment back in his head. When he turned around to see a curious look still plastered on her face he sighed, knowing she wanted to know.

"Someone in the muggle department told him that if he got a can of deodorant and a lighter it would be like a miniature flamethrower. Obviously, Sirius being Sirius had to try it and he set his desk on fire" James explained making Isabella laugh. "And if that wasn't enough, he then continued to fart onto the lighter because in his words, the damage was already done so he might as well have seen if that worked too"

Sirius Black really was something else.

after a
few minutes

James and Isabella were now both ready to leave the house. Isabella picked up the picnic box that she had packed earlier on so that they could have dinner up in one of the fields and watch the sunset over the horizon. James locked the door behind them after they left before take a hold of Isabella's hand, intertwining their fingers. They couple really hadn't gotten much time just the two of them, so it was a nice change.

They usually had Harry with them, or something would come up meaning they couldn't go on their date or be alone together. Harry had sent them a letter just yesterday telling them all about how he had been allowed to take part in the Gryffindor quidditch team making him the youngest seeker ever. Let's just say that James especially couldn't be prouder. They get to go and see him play in a few days which they couldn't wait for as they'd also get to meet his friends Ron and Hermione which he had mentioned quite a few times.

However, he has been living up to his father and uncles name of making trouble. They had received a letter from Minerva McGonagall informing them that Harry had disobeyed instructions and went after a troll that had broken into the school. She did go onto explain that Harry had apparently been going to save Hermione who had been in the bathroom at that time.

Isabella and James made sure to make Harry realise how much danger he out himself in but also did tell him they were proud of him for being a good friend. They just hoped that the rest of the year would go on with a little less drama and that that would be the only thing that happened.

After a while of walking and chatting about their days they found the perfect spot to set up the picnic blanket. A big oak tree with beautiful autumnal leaves covering it, slowly falling to the ground sat up the back of one of the fields gave the perfect view over all of the fields that surrounded them. With the help of James, Isabella set out the picnic. blanket and they both sat down and took in the view for a moment or two.

The bay in the fields looked even more golden that usual due to the rays of the setting sun hitting off of them making them look more magical than usual. James helped Isabella bring a few things out of the basket and lay them out so that could have a choice of what they'd like. "You know, this tree would be perfect for a swinging tree. That brand right there could probably have on hanging from it" Isabella took a bite of her strawberry as she spoke, eyeing the tree with a determined look in her eye.

"I see you've found your next project" James laughed slightly, picking up a bit of one of the sandwiches Isabella had kindly made. "I also want to make a little wildlife area for all the animals to come and be friends" Isabella explained making James smile. "That's a good idea, love" he said with a little laugh. She continued to talk to him about her idea of putting in a pond for fish, bird houses for all the birds and lots of wildflowers for the insects.

At that moment Isabella was showing James' favourite part about her, her kind heart. She's always looking for ways to make everyone happy and always making sure everyone fits in. She was ever so worried when Harry went away, she just couldn't help but worry that he'd be bullied, and he wouldn't tell them but when she got the letter about Hermione and Ron her worries melted away.

She had already knitted Gryffindor hats and scarfs for Harry and his two friends. James just knew she was going to treat them like her own children and greet them with open arms just like she did with Harry. Isabella wasn't the kind of person to hate someone, but he knew there was a few people she has grown to strongly dislike in the past year but the only person she hates is Voldemort.

A few weeks after the incident, she had confided in James about her worries of Voldemort still being alive if she was. He assured her that the aurors pronounced him dead but after her explanation he had doubts himself, but he didn't want her to worry. However, he won't ruin his night by worrying over that, he could do that another time but right now he was going to enjoy the scenery and his lovely date that had found her way into his arms, and she chatted away to him with an absent-minded smile on her face.

He really did love her.

..............

Hey my loves,

Firstly, I want to apologise for the long wait in the update I really have no excuse apart from laziness.

Also, I need your opinion on something, is this book still as good as it used to be, just I feel like people might be losing interest and if that's so please tell me what I could change! Probably my update schedule haha

Hope you're all well and loved!
Grace :)