13 | dinner at scotts

"If I could be anybody dead or alive I would want to be my dad in 1985" - 1985 by Bo Burnham

1985 by Bo Burnham

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— ISABELLA RODE HER BIKE through the halls of the ministry to pass her time by. As she cycled she almost ran into James, she had to press on her brakes as fast as she could almost sending his over the handle bars. "Dear Christ Bella!" James laughed; his hands out ready in case he had to catch her if he had to. "Sorry James, I wasn't looking where I was going" She apologised, hopping off of her bike.

"No one was hurt" James said. "That would have been so funny if you want flying over that handle bar" Paul clapped his hands as he walked over to them with a grand smile on his face. "Merlin, you would have had to call an ambulance because I would never have laughed like it" Paul continued as Isabella looked at him, her eyes narrowed in amused confusion, shaking her head. "That's why I told you not to ride that bike. God sometimes I feel like I'm your mother at this point" He sighed.

"The bikes gets me placed quicker Paul; you know that" Isabella told him but he didn't car. "Right okay, well I've got to dash I just had to stop and tell you how funny that would've been! Toodles" He bid farewell as he walked, raising his hand over his shoulder giving them a wave before vanishing around the corner. "Sometimes I really want to slap the man up the back of his head" Isabella sighed, closing her eyes in annoyance.

"What time are we going to your dads tonight?" James asked, as they walked along the hallways together, the bike in between them. "Round about five, is that okay for you?" Isabella asked, looking over at him. "Works with me" James nodded. "Would you like to come to lunch with me?" Isabella asked, hoping he'd say yes. "I'd love to" James smiled.

Isabella had been focusing a lot on James recently. She could like a thousand thoughts at once and he'd probably be nine hundred of them. I mean in just a few weeks; she'd grown to care for the man in a way she'd never imagined. Paul was trying to convince her to tell him how she felt but she was scared it would go terribly. However Paul said that the worst that could happen would be that he quit his job and she never saw him again, as though it would comfort her.

Spoiler alert - it didn't.

James was in the same position as Isabella appeared to be in. Sirius, Remus and even little Harry were trying to convince him to do the exact same thing. James wanted to ask her more than anything he was just waiting for the right moment where he was absolutely certain that he wasn't going to muck it up completely. Harry was the one pushing him to do it the greatest, from the first day Sirius and Remus came round he had been pushing for it.

...

Isabella knocked on her dad's front door and soon enough he was met with his familiar face. "Dad" Isabella greeted happily, quickly making her way towards her dad and into his open arms that enveloped her in a bear hug. "Hi sweetheart" He greeted her with a warm smile, stroking her hair. "So this must be the famous James and Harry them?" Scott asked. "Indeed it is" Isabella nodded, smiling over at the duo.

"Thank you for having us round for dinner sir" James said, shaking the man's hand. "Not a problem, call me Scott" Her dad told him, patting his shoulder before kneeling down to Harry slightly. "You must be Harry then, nice to meet you little man" he said, giving him a fist bump. "Dinner should be ready soon, just another half hour" Her dad informed them, standing up to his full height again and leading them through to the kitchen. "That's fine dad" Isabella assured.

"I see you're a queen fan Harry?" Scott pointed out as they all began walked through to the kitchen after clocking Harry's shirt. "Yeah, are you?" Harry asked the man, slowly becoming more confident, walking forward to stand next to him as they entered the kitchen. "Oh big time! I took Isabella to their last concert" Scott explained to Harry whose face lit up and the fact Isabella had been. "Who's your favourite?" Harry asked. "I'd have to say Roger, he's a pretty cool guy" Her dad decided as he chopped up some vegetables.

"You want to be Roger Taylor dad" Isabella pointed out, remembering when in the seventies he grew his hair out just like Rogers was, let's just say it wasn't a good look on him. "Who's you're favourite Bella?" Harry asked making her dad laugh. "If you go up to her room you'll know exactly who her favourite is" Her dad told Harry before leading him up the stairs with Isabella chasing after them. James walked after them and when he found them they were all stood inside Isabella's room.

It was obvious Brian May was her favourite due to the poster of him above her bed. She also had a few posters of Blondie, Huey Lewis and the News and Hall and Oates. When her and her dad moved back here just after she finished school she lived with him for a while before moving out so there wasn't much in her room but the posters still hung proudly on her walls.

"She had the fattest crush on Brian May" Scott informed them making Isabella glare at him, her cheeks turning red. "My mates used to come round and she'd just constantly talk about him" Her dad continued after that and she just wanted the ground to swallow her up to save her form this. "Why don't you just bring them round dad and then the whole bloody coven can embarrass me" She groaned, running her hands over her face.

"Sorry honey" Her dad laughed, kissing her forehead before leaving her room with Harry. "So you have a crush on Brian May then?" James asked as he played with his hair. "It's his hair that made me fall for him" Isabella said dramatically, looking over at the poster on her wall. "Maybe I should make my hair look like his" he said, looking in the mirror in her room.

Isabella's eyebrows furrowed as she eyed him, processing what he just said. "Well if that's what made you fall for him, maybe it will make your fall for me" James explained, turning around to look at her with a nervous look. James took the chance and shot his shot, he just hoped it would work. Isabella stared at him with a shocked face, her heart beat picking up.

"You mean..." She began but trailed off. "I like you Bella, more than anything. I understand if you don't feel the same way and if I've made your uncomfortable I apologise but I just had to tell you" James began. "I've liked you from the moment I saw you" He admitted making a smile slowly crawl onto Isabella's face. "James, I like you too" She admitted, a bright smile on her face as her heart fluttered happily.

"Really?" He asked, a breath of relief leaving his mouth. "How could I not?" She asked with a small laugh, walking over to him happily. "I'm just glad that you like me back because that would have been a bit awkward" James joked, looking down at her lovingly. "Just a bit" She agreed gently.

"I've been waiting for ages to tell you that, I've been too nervous" James admitted light heartedly. He was glad he managed to ask her calmly because every other time he went to ask her he panicked. Like the other day when they were out on the swings he was trying to pluck up the courage to tell her but wimped out. Every time he looked at her he couldn't be brave, his hear just raced too much, as dorky as that may sound.

"Well Paul was actually trying to get me to ask you out actually" Isabella informed James making him laugh. "Well I had a little push from Harry before he left" James told her, remembering how the boy sent him a look that said 'man up and ask her' as he left with Isabella's dad.

"Isabella! Dinner!" Her dad shouted up the stairs, ruining their moment. "We can talk about this later" Isabella offered making James nod. They still had a lot to talk about.

They made their way down stairs and into the dining room where Harry and Isabella's dad sat at opposite sides talking. James went and sat down next to Harry as the young boy looked up at him expectingly. "Well?" He questioned. "Did you finally grow a pair of big man balls" Harry asked making James end him a soft warning glare before nodding making a smile spread across his face.

He finally did it.

..............

And so their relationship begins, this chapter was so cheesy but I couldn't be bothered trying to rewrite it so we'll have to deal with it, it could be worse!

Hope your having a good day/night wherever you are!
Grace :)