43 | best christmas ever

"Just as long as you stand, stand by me" - Stand By Me by Mark Johnson

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— ISABELLA'S FAVOURITE DAY OF the year had finally come round once again. Despite the fact Harry didn't believe in Santa Clause anymore, it would still be just as magical. He was still just as excited to open his presents. They had told Harry to wait until the clock hit seven before waking them up. Harry did just that though he was up earlier. He stared at the clock on his bedside table for a rather long while before it finally hit seven. He excitedly pulled the covers off him and ran through to his parents' room.

James and Isabella were awoken that Christmas morning by being sprung about on their bed. When they managed to crack open their eyes, they found Harry bouncing up and down on their bed wearing a Santa hat. "Come on guys, it's Christmas, I want to open my presents" Harry begged, stopping jumping up and down as James rolled over to look at the alarm clock. "You did what you were told" James said, clearly pleased he wasn't woken up at some ungodly hour like he used to be. Isabella tiredly sat up in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes to try and wake up a bit more.

Harry had fled the room once they were both out of their bed. By the time the couple made it down the stairs, Harry was sitting in front of the tree where all his presents sat waiting for him to open. Isabella's back was now practically broken from wrapping so many presents. Harry got to work ripping the paper off of his present to reveal what he had been gifted. To his delight he had an array of different things. For example, he got some new board games to take to Hogwarts with him, new clothes, some new records and shoes.

His favourite however was a brand-new broom that James had to queue hours for, but they wouldn't tell him that. He wanted to try it out immediately, but Isabella told him he had to have breakfast first. The young boy quickly scoffed it down before grabbing his broom and running outside. Isabella sent James with him to keep an eye on him whilst she began putting things in the oven. She cut all the vegetables and things the previous night to give herself less work. She watched her two boys out of the window as she cleaned and dried the dishes.

She couldn't help but let a smile grow on her face as little speckles of snow began to fall down. All the snow that had fallen only a few days ago had melted but it seemed maybe they would be having a white Christmas. The scene outside warmed her heart as Harry flew about in the sky whilst James stood below cheering him on. She dragged herself away from the window and decided to go and get dressed. She decided on a simple black dress with little white spots and long puffy sleeves paired with some black tights. To make it more Christmassy she put on a headband with reindeer antlers on them. "Aren't you looking cute?" Came the voice of James from behind her.

When she turned around James stood in the doorway with a neatly wrapped present in his hand. "Why thank you" She smiled as she wandered over to her bedside drawer and pulled out James present. They swapped the gifts and sat down on the bed, "You go first" Isabella insisted. She hated giving presents, she always thought the people would hate them. Isabella had taken a list throughout the year of what James said he wouldn't mind having. James took of the wrapping to reveal a brand spanking new leather wallet and Ralph Loren jumper.