let's get married

Hey guys! please don't forget to leave your comment/critiques on what your think about the story. It will help me get better for you guys💜💜💜💜

                        *******
"Did you announce the tax reduction?" Lucas asks Loko, his uncle as they both walk in the palace field.

"Yes I did, but my Lord, do you think that's such a good idea?"

"You don't think it is?"

"I understand your concerns for the people of Santol, but you must also consider the well-being of the kingdom.  The taxes are used to make the kingdom a better place and if we reduce it, it might affect us"

"There are other ways to make a kingdom better than increasing the people's taxes"

"My Lord, I think it's best if you don't take the words of a woman. She has not ruled a kingdom before and has no business with the palace's business"

Lucan boils in anger. "That woman you are referring to is my mate"

"I understand, but ..... "

Lucan doesn't let him finish. "But nothing," he pauses and sighs. "Her father is Windsor Stalin" he blurts out, taking Loko by surprise

"Windsor had a daughter? I thought your father wiped every one of them"

" I owe her for what my father did to her family. The least I can do is make her inclusive in the affairs of the kingdom"

"You don't owe her anything. A rule is a rule. Anyone who kills the king can rule. Your father did what he did for the betterment of his family. Even though she has royalty coursing through her veins, will you hand her the throne?"

"Of course not"

"You don't need her opinion on how to rule"

Lucan scoffs. "I suppose you want me to take your opinion instead?"

"Take the words of the council. I so happen to be one of them"

"Nonsense" Lucan scowls. The Council members are all selfish, disloyal people. People who his father selected randomly. He doesn't trust anyone. He can bet if they are opportune to kill him, none of them will hesitate. Amaya is the only one he trusts and no one can change that.

"Did the king of Persia accept my request for an alliance"

"The messenger got back last night. He says the king wants to offer his daughter for marriage to seal the deal. She is 26 but hasn't gotten her mate. Her father wants to get rid of her"

"And what if I say no to this?"

"The king of Persia doesn't like being turned down. You should take his offer. The two kingdoms together will be the greatest of all 4 Kingdom and it is not a crime for a king to have more than one wife"

Lucan takes some time, but eventually answers "tell him I accept his request"

                      ***********
"It's beautiful," Amaya says as she admires her braided hair in the mirror.

"I'm glad you like it," Lauretta says.

"Milady, should I get your water ready for your bath?" Wendy asks and Amaya nods her head.

"You can leave now too Lauretta"

Shortly after the both of them leave, the door opens and Lucan steps in. Amaya doesn't budge or acknowledge him. She continues staring at herself in the mirror. Even when Lucan walks to her back and she can see him from the mirror, she still pays no attention to him.

"You can't stay angry at me forever" he looks at her with his burning eyes.

"You want to control my emotions too?"

Lucan holds her hands and turns her around to look at him. The distance between them is so little that she gulps in reaction to his hot breath on her face. "I think I already do," he says under his breath. "Let's get married" he blurts out, taking Amaya by surprise. The statement was so random

She pulls herself away from his hold. "Lucan I'm not here to get married" she scowls at him.

"You are here for the throne, I know, but think about it, if you marry me, you become my queen and you get to sit beside me".

"While you rule?"

"You are my mate, Amaya. It is normal for mates to get married"

"I don't care about the mating bond. If I am certain, the moon goddess made a mistake" she spits, and immediately the pleading look on Lucan's face changes into wrath.

"I am not ready for love" This time she speaks more softly. She lied. Of course, she has feelings for Lucan. Who wouldn't after spending this amount of time with him? He is her mate and she is supposed to be with him, but she can't.

"When your leg heals, will you leave?"

She swallows hard. At this point, she doesn't think it will be easy. "Yes, yes I will"

Lucan walks to her and stops right in front of her. He always has a thing for being extremely close when he wants to be heard. "You don't want to go to Amaya. Deep down you want to stay"

"You are getting it all wrong Lucan"

"Do you still love Frederick?" he asks and she instantly stiffens. The question was so random and it struck her like an arrow. "My guard reported that he saw the two of you together"

Amaya gulps. Lucan knew of the relationship she had with his brother when they were little and he decided to bring it up. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I didn't want to. Saying something means beheading my brother. Answer my question, Amaya. Do you still have feelings for him?"

"No" she lies. "I don't want to have anything to do with you royals"

"Then you don't mind me getting married to another person"

"What?"

"I said," he cups her chin. "you don't mind me getting married to another woman?"

Amaya's eyes narrow. Her heart breaks just at the thought of it.  "You are getting married, Lucan? "

"Answer me, Amaya"

"Yes," she admits. "Yes, I would mind" it's a selfish statement, but she can't bear Lucan being with another woman. At this point she is confused.

"Ok good. Don't worry your little head about it, I am not getting married to another woman"

*How can he tell her?*