Avenge Your father And I

Hello guys.
So I changed some things about this chapter one because I wasn't satisfied with it.

Don't panic it's the same story. Just seat back and relax

Edit: if you are a fan of teen romance, you can check out my other book; Rule number 6

I fire the first arrow and it causes me to remember how my father was brutally killed. I fire the second arrow; It reminds me of my mother's death. The anger of how our heritage was stripped away from us floods through my head as I fire the third arrow without missing.

Rage course through me. I hate them. I hate the royals. They are the people who did this to me. I remember the words of my mother in the woods when the guards were chasing after us. She told me to avenge my father and her immediately I got my wolf. Now I have my wolf and I can't wait to make them pay for what they did to me.

My father, Windsor Stalin was once the king of santol. A powerful one. Until he was overthrown by a traitor. In Santol, anybody who kills the king can sit on the throne. That was how king Audrie, the traitor, sat on the throne.

My father was a fierce man, while my mother was as still as the wind. She was caring and loving, but I don't take after her. I take after my father. I am strong and fierce. I was never like this, but I learned to be like this because of what happened ten years ago.

"You are just so skillful Amaya" a familiar voice snaps me back to reality.

I turn to look at Justin who has a pleased look on his face whilst he claps slowly. "How do you never miss?" he asks and I bob him a dramatic curtsy.

Justin is the only friend I was able to make in the pack house. Before my mother was killed, she instructed 12 years old me to run straight to the next kingdom. She told me to go to her brother, Alpha Armani's pack; the only person she could trust. I have been staying here for 10 years.

As much as I despise Santol, I still miss the memories. I had two royal friends; Frederick and Lucan. The sons of king Audrie. At that time I was young, I didn't know what the royals did to my father not until my mother told me. I loved Fredrick and he adored me too. We were young, naive, and didn't have a care in the world. We also didn't care what our parents thought. I got too attached to Frederick, that when I found out about what his father did to my father, I was devastated.

"I just have that gift," I say, going deeper into the woods to get the arrows while Justin trails me from behind. "Some lucky people are naturally given with this gift" I turn to look at him. "Others are not" I add with a tease.

"But you know People will always choose a swordsman over an archer" he utters in his defense.

I don't say anything as I retrieve the three arrows which are arranged symmetrically on the same tree. "Got it," I say to him and we both turn to leave for the pack house not too far from the woods.

We haven't gotten far when Justin parts his lips to speak again. "Do you really have to go?"

"I have gotten my wolf and that was the agreement I made with Alpha Armani" I shrug at Justin who has a troubled look on his face.

It is obvious, he doesn't want me to go, but my mind is already made up.

"Alpha Armani will surely let you stay for as long as you want"

"I will never be at rest. I have to return back to Santol. I can't let King Audrie sit on the throne my father was supposed to sit on. If I stay here and move on, I will never be able to forgive myself for letting the my dead father down"

Justin let out deep breaths. The look of bitterness, void, and most importantly determination are all visible in my eyes as I speak. He knew no matter how hard he tries, I am not going back on my words. "When are you leaving?"

"The coronation of the new king will be tomorrow. I have to be there before it happens"

I know the new king will either be Friedrick or Lucan. I loved Frederick once, but the love I have for my family is greater. I don't care about the relationship I had with them when we were little, it won't stop me from killing them all

******
Lucan's brown eyes are transfixed intently on the throne seat when the door to the palace foyer unlocks and his mother struts in. He tilts his head to gaze at her and she smiles proudly at him, taking elegant steps toward him

"It will be all yours at dusk," she says when she gets to his side.

Lucan doesn't utter a word instead he stares at the throne with numerous thoughts going through his mind. He ought to be optimistic, but rather, he feels apathetic.

"Will Fredrick be at the coronation?" he asks and his mother sighs, bowing her head slightly.

"You know how things are done in this kingdom. You brother can't be here during the coronation"

"Can't it be altered?"

"The both of you are twins and have a strong bond connecting the two of you, but you can't go against the rule. I'm sure he is doing well as the alpha of his pack" she says as calmly as possible. "On the bright side, you will be the king of one of the most powerful kingdoms in the west , the alpha of all alphas" his mother reassures him, but that doesn't alleviate or alter the way he feels.

His mother walks away from him with the same complacent smile on her face that Lucan finds very irksome. He sees it as a smile of avarice, not of ecstasy.

"You'll get a mate during the coronation. I'm sure the moon goddess will smile at you and finally give you one"

"How many times have I tried" Lucan scoffs. "I don't think I'll be ready for such an exhausting event.".

His mother, Rebecca furrows her eyebrow in disapproval. "You have to" she says while walking towards him. "You need a queen to rule by your side. someone you can trust”

"How is that going possible if the moon goddess won't give me one already? Maybe she doesn't want me to have one at all"

"Don't say that" Rebecca shuns him. "You are not cursed so you will get a mate. And I pray it's one of the ladies selected during the coronation" she walks to him and pats him lightly on his shoulder."It'll be fine" her wrinkled eyes grin at him whilst her red-coated lips curve into a smile, but it soon recedes when her eyes catch a glimpse of his bandaged hand.

"You don't need to hurt yourself to make you feel better about yourself" she advises, but Lucan doesn't give her a response still. She has no choice but to leave.

The moment she leaves, he ambles to the throne and caresses it with his hand while walking around it. A pleased smile appears on his face. He finally has the throne he had longed for since childhood. The number of things he wants to do when he sits on the throne makes him more exhilarated. He feels the power even with the crown, not on his head. This is a throne he can kill for and he knows all hell would have let loose if his father, king Audrie made Fredrick king instead of him.