Chapter Six

I would never have thought I'd be staring at my new teacher (who was now some kind of monster thing) while she attacked the students in my class. Then again, I wouldn't have expected to be a seer-or-whatever-you-call-it.

Zero is circling around Ms. Robin's feet, attacking her like he'd had years of practice. Ian is throwing blue fireballs in her face, while Audrey is ninja-throwing deadly playing cards at her. Combined they make a pretty good team.

But me? All I'm doing is staring at the chaos unfolding before me. I have no clue what's going on. I wouldn't dare interrupt the fighting, for fear of distracting any of the others. Any mistake made could result in one of them losing their head.

Ms. Robin lashes out, knocking Ian to the ground. She pins him there with one of her legs before reaching out to Zero. Audrey chunks another card, hitting the creature square in the nose, causing her to yelp and pull back. Even though they're landing hits I can tell the fight isn't going very well for them. I search around desperately for something, anything I can use as a weapon. I hear Ian cry out and whirl around to see him lying sprawled on the floor. Obviously knocked out. Audrey is being held up by her throat and Zero is trying to find an opening to get to her.

So I do the only thing I can think of.
I throw a desk at Ms. Robin. It doesn't land where I want it to, but it's enough to get her attention.

"Why you little-" She's cut off when another desk hits her in the face. Growling, she drops Audrey and stomps over to me.

"Merle!" Audrey yells. "RUN!"

I manage a shaky nod in acknowledgment before I make a beeline toward the exit of the school. As I'm running I hear a loud roar come from the building. I turn back and see Audrey running behind me. Zero soon catches up with Ian slung across his shoulder.

"When we reach the flagpole, run into it!" he calls to me.

"WHAT?"
"JUST DO IT."

I watch as the flagpole gets nearer.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes before lunging at it with every ounce of strength I've got. I scream for a full two seconds before I realize that nothing's happened. When I open my eyes I'm standing in a circular room. Audrey and Zero are panting beside me. I collapse onto the floor trying to get control over my breathing. Zero sets Ian down and flops onto the floor beside me. Judging from a loud thud on my other side I can assume that Audrey has done the same.

"I think..." Audrey begins.

"We have some explaining to do?" Zero asks.

"Yeah." she agrees.

Word count: 465

Please don't be afraid to give me feedback! I love feedback because it helps me know where I need to improve my writing. It's also cool to talk to the readers ofc. 

-RS <3