Through the Trapdoor

Echo POV

The exams were finally over, our last one being DATDA. Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I were walking along the courtyard talking about our exams, "I'd always heard Hogwart's end-of-year exams were frightful, but I've found they're rather enjoyable." Hermione spoke as I nod along.

"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" Ron speaks making me and Hermione look at the boy who was rubbing his scar looking to be in slight pain.

"My scar. It keeps burning." Harry spoke extremely curious about it and annoyed as well.

"It's happened before..." Hermione started.

"Not like this," Harry spoke back still thinking about what it could mean.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse," Ron suggested making me look at him unamused.

"He's not sick, Ronald." I shut down making the redhead boy look at me, sticking out his tongue.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." Suddenly he had a look of realization as he spotted Hagrid's hut, "Ah... Oh! Of course!" He started running off making me sigh as I run after him.

"Care to share with the group, Harry?" I yell out, slightly slowing down so Hermione and Ron could catch up to me.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?" I nod along completely understanding what he meant right as we arrived at Hagrid's hut who was playing the flute.

"Hagrid," I speak out making him stop playing, "who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?"

"I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." Hagrid responded, completely oblivious.

"This stranger though, you and he must have talked." Harry desperately asked.

"Well, he- he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem." My eyes widen at this as I internally start panicking.

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?"

"Well, o' course he was interested in Fluffy, Echo! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told 'im, I said, I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm 'im. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit o' music, and he falls straight to sleep.' I shouldn't have told you that." I facepalm at the information we just got from Hagrid before we run off back toward the castle, "Where are you going? Where are you-?"

We arrived at Minnie's classroom in no time with Harry bursting through the door making me slightly roll my eyes as he ran to McGonagall's desk while she looked at us a little mad and a little confused, "We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!"

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." She responded calmy as she continued to mark some papers.

"He's gone! Now! But, this is important! This is about the Philosophers Stone!"

"Yeah, let's just throw that name around, Harry." I scold smacking the back of his head as Minnie looked at us completely in shock.

"How do you know-?"

"As much as I would love to tell you, there is no time. Someone's going to try to steal it." I cut her off. She hesitates a moment before gaining some of her composure back.

"I don't know how you three found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories, quietly" I nod and we all leave the classroom.