Quidditch

Echo POV

It was the day of the first Quidditch match, Gryffindor vs Slytherin. I was eating my breakfast while Harry decided to be too nervous to play considering we were both the youngest players in a century and that he fought a troll the night prior.

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on."

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione pointed out.

"I'm not hungry."

"I get you're nervous but if you don't eat you won't play well." I speak finishing the last of my food right as Snape appeared at the table.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." He starts walking off with a limp before turning back to me, "Don't die today Echo." He then continues to walk off and I remember that I smelt blood when McGonagall, Snape, and Quirrell entered the bathroom last night.

"That explains the blood."

"Blood?" Hermione asked a little confused.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"Highly doubt that," I mutter but they just ignored me.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

"The day Echo and I were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret."

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." 

"I completely agree with the first point but once again, I highly doubt Snape is trying to steal something from inside the school Harry." No one could really argue as Hedwig screeched as she entered the Great Hall along with Ghost, both carrying long parcels dropping them in front of Harry and me.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?"

"But I-I never get mail." Harry stutters extremely surprised.

"Let's open it," Ron speaks really surprised touching both packages. I slap his hand away from mine opening it myself revealing a new broomstick.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry gasps making me roll my eyes and bite back a sarcastic comment.

"That's not just any broomstick, Harry. There Nimbus 2000's!"

"But who...?" Harry states looking around and I look up to the head table spotting McGonagall stroking Hedwig and Ghost with a smile.

"I think I know who." I point to McGonagall before grabbing my broomstick and standing up, "Come on we got a game to win." I use my wand to burn the packaging safely quickly blowing a kiss to McGonagall who started to turn into a mother figure for me.

Later on, Harry and I were inside the Quidditch tower while Hermione and Ron were in the stands waiting for us to come out. I was walking by the two other Chasers strategizing with some game plans. I overheard Oliver saying that he took a bludger to the head 2 minutes into the game making me widen my eyes before shaking it off.

The doors open after a couple seconds and we mount our brooms in the classic Quidditch formation opposite to Slytherin as cheers filled the stands and Lee Jordan, a friend of the twins, was the commentator for the game while being supervised by McGonagall.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!" Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were cheering for Gryffindor while Slytherin were cheering for themselves, "The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."