Dean rubbed Giselle's back lightly as he stayed quiet, controlling the overwhelming disaster that built up within his chest cavity. The physical contact of his palm over her warm back was no different than a leash itself. The minute he ever lets it go, he surely would jump right in Vincent's direction and would mercilessly bite off his head if not yanking him not just out of the room, but out of the damn hospital itself.

Giselle sighed in relief briefly at the sudden nickname that Vincent called her. "The medication kept making me fall asleep so I wasn't able to have enough energy to wait for you. I've only met with Luna so far. Are you on your night rotation now?"

Dean straightened his lips as he felt like he started becoming invisible in the room.

"Yes, my night rotation has just started recently. Soon, I will be sent out of state for some new study again." Giselle nodded and then stayed quiet as Vincent took out his stethoscope. "Can you take your hand off of her? I need to do my work."

Dean resisted for a second until Giselle glanced up at him. Noticing the anticipation on her face, he knew that he could not say no. Without further hesitation, he brought his arms over his chest and crossed them, flexing his hard biceps that appeared to be too tight underneath the blazers' sleeves.

After Vincent was done, he smiled again. That sincere smile on the physician's face annoyed the hell out of Dean for some reason. He did not know why it seemed so much kinder and warmer than the one that he gave Giselle. Perhaps that was one of the rationales that made Giselle like a man like Vincent Kim so much. It was something that Dean felt like he could not provide to her. He had been trying his best to surround her with the most kindness and human act he could, but, not after what he had grown up on and gone through. Once a wild animal, it would forever stay a wild animal. His every smile was accompanied by guilt. They carried the guilt of his past and wrongdoings every time that he felt like he needed to feel happy like others. He doubted if they were as sincere as what was in front of him, reflecting off of another man's face.

Dean blinked once after realizing that he had been staring at Vincent for quite a while. He did not even pick up on what the two people across his eyes were chatting about. "You may leave if you have no other business," Dean said, cutting off whatever their conversation was.

Both Giselle and Vincent looked at him at the same time almost instantly. "I have to give her the med and some one-on-one between physician and patient talk. I ask you to be the one to leave the room since I have to do my job, according to the medical rule."

Dean glanced at the drug vials and the syringe on the cart before he glanced back up. "That belongs to a nurse job, not yours, I assumed."

"Said the one that banned every carer here."

Giselle interrupted after noticing that the conversation between the two men did not seem to go quite well. "If both of you are going to argue, can you take it outside?" She sighed as a mild headache struck her. "I have a lot on my mind already... And, Dean, I will need to speak to you later. For now, can you just step out and let Vincent does his job?"

Dean's gaze dropped to Giselle before he uncrossed his arms. He felt no different than a puppy being told off. He was sort of mad and upset at the same time when hearing what she said to him. How could she treat him so much different compared to that man? At first, he wanted to explain to her his reasoning, but knowing the importance of her recovery, he decided to turn around and walk out quietly. When he was about to close the door, he stole another peek at her from afar, hesitating for the last few seconds, before pulling it shut.

A heavy feeling settled over him as he was left alone in the cold empty ghostly silence hall. He wondered what they'll be doing in the room without him there. What type of topics would they talk about? What else besides administering the drug that would require such a long waiting time?