sleepless

That night I hardly found any sleep. When I did fall asleep from exhaustio, I was tormented by confused dreams. They were all about Ahsoka. 
When I finally gave up trying to sleep at sunrise I left the quarters and walked the same way to the infirmary as the night before. 
I found my way around a little better in the daylight and quickly realized that not all corridors looked the same. In some of them huge statues of different jedi masters guarded some entrances to halls I didn't know. At some window arches stood mute guards dressed in gray, staring stubbornly straight ahead behind their masks. 
Fortunately, I managed to remember the way and was glad not to have lost my way. 
Hesitantly, I opened the door to the infirmary. Some medidroids were rolling through the winding corridors of the ward as were some healers or orderlies. They were all going about their work and took note of me only with a brief glance. 
Always careful not to get in anyone's way I pushed my way toward the Bacta station. Just before I reached it someone suddenly called my name. 
Astonished I turned around and looked for the source. Sure enough I saw Obi-Wan standing at some sort of reception desk. He seemed to have been talking to a healer but now turned to me and came toward me. 
"I didn't expect you to be up so early", he began to speak when he was with me.
"Well I... couldn't sleep. I just wanted to see Ahsoka", I explained simply. 
The Jedi nodded glancing briefly at the door to Bacta Station.
"Your condition is unchanged. But as for you... The council wants to speak with you. We should be on our way immediately", he opened to me as I was also urged by him towards the exit again. Sighing, I followed the request even though I wanted nothing more than to see Ahsoka at the moment. 
"Alright...", I relented and left the medi station with Master Kenobi. "You know more about her condition? Why isn't that helping Bacta? She should be healed by now". I inquired, concerned. Of course, I had never had the luxury of a Bacta tank but I certainly knew about how it worked. 
"Well... What she needs is a Bacta cleanse. But right now it's still too unstable. The risk is still too high to dare to do the purification. Until then, we have to wait for her levels to stabilize."
My concern for her grew with each passing second but the worst part of it all was that I could not help her in any way.