not important

"When were you planning to tell me about him?", I asked Obi-Wan directly when we arrived in my quarters. 
At that I didn't look at him but started packing a small bag. Skywalker would be surprised if I came back without any things. After all I had only been able to sneak away because I had told him that I still had to get some things. So I couldn't very well tell him that I had returned to the temple to report to the council instead. 
"It wasn't relevant before..." he began but I gave him a warning look over my shoulder and interrupted him.
"It's not further relevant that Qui-Gon probably found the Chosen One years ago? Who could probably be working for the Sith now and I have a mission to do with him even though he doesn't even know I'm a Jedi?!", I asked incredulously. This information would have been crucial....
"I'm sorry Ahsoka but the Council decided at the time that this matter would not leave the Council chamber. I too only know about it because I was still Qui-Gon's Padawan at the time. That he is now your source in this mission was not anticipated. You have to be extremely careful. If he finds out who you are, he could kill you. If only because he probably does not speak well of us Jedi since then...", he reminded me.
I nodded and was about to close the small bag when Obi-Wan stopped me.
I looked up at him questioningly. He rummaged something out from behind his back and a device came to light that I knew only too well. It was small and round but had a tiny opening at the bottom. 
"You'll need this. Test him and you'll know how dangerous it can be to you or if we were wrong that time." With the words he thrust it into my hand. 
"How am I supposed to measure his midi-chlorian without him knowing?", despite my misgivings I pocketed it and closed my bag. 
"I'm sure you'll think of something", with the words he put his hand on my shoulder and led me out of my quarters to begin my mission.