he is gone

As soon as we landed in the big hangar on Coruscant Anakin disappeared without a trace. Without a word of farewell. It made me sad that he disappeared just like that.
'Then it would be better we see us never again.' This last sentence ate into my heart like the heat of a lightsaber. Never had anything hurt as much as his hatred. Of course, I had expected it but never could I have even imagined that it was so close to me.
Still, I couldn't even blame him. I understood why he reacted that way, probably I would react the same way in his place.

The prisoners were being taken away when Obi-Wan approached me.
"Ahsoka, you seem to have successfully completed the mission, I see?" he smiled slightly down at me as he towered over me by several inches.
"Not quite. Ryd set a trap for us. The slaves were never on the ship. But we were able to capture Ryd and his men. Once we interrogate them we should know where the slaves are and can free them", I described the situation to him.
He nodded thoughtfully before looking around searchingly.
"And Skywalker, he's...?" before he could speak further I raised my hand to interrupt him.
"He's gone", I sighed exhaustedly. "At least now I know he's not working for the Sith or the Separatists."
Obi-Wan motioned for me to follow him toward the temple before continuing.
"That's good news, maybe the Council would even agree to bring him in as an advisor", Kenobi mused aloud.
I merely shrugged my shoulders. "He's gone. I don't think he will return", I explained to him again tonelessly.
Obi-Wan hummed in agreement but again in thought.
Not another word was spoken the rest of the way to the council.