OS 1: Speedy Noodles

Ria wanted to eat something for her midnight snack as she was having a late-night study session.

She went down and remembered she bought a pack of instant noodles earlier.

She boiled some water to cook the noodles and did the rest of the steps.

As she was cooking she made herself some matcha and let the noodles cool down.

Irene on the other hand woke up as she went downstairs to have a glass of water because she was thirsty.

She was on the way to the kitchen when she smelled food specifically noodles and heard noises in the kitchen as if cooking or making something.

The curious woman checked the kitchen and found her daughter putting ice carefully in her glass.

Irene cleared her throat to signal to her daughter that she was there.

Ria was facing back on her so she couldn't see her even in her peripheral vision so she flinched a bit as she heard someone clear their throat.

She slowly looked back to see her mother with her arms crossed, she sighed with relief as she thought it was someone else.

"Mom, you scared me" She said unaware of Irene glaring at her. As she received no response from her mother she looked at her again meeting serious eyes of Irene.

She looked confused "Why po?" She asked innocently and she placed the glass of matcha on the island counter.

"Do you want some po?" She offered, Irene shook her head indicating 'no'

"Why are you eating that?" Irene asked as she went near her daughter.

"Why po? What's wrong with it?" Ria asked with her eyebrow raised. She might look mataray but it's really her habit of raising her eyebrow if she's confused.

"Why are you raising your eyebrow with me, young lady?" Irene said as she also raised her eyebrow at her daughter. Like mother like daughter for real.

"Speedy noodles are unhealthy!" Irene continued, Ria laughed at the term 'speedy noodles' as she found it cute.

Her laughter then stopped as her mother put her hand on her waist looking at her seriously.

She cleared her throat and fixed her posture "Mom, minsan lang naman po. Besides, I haven't had it in a long time" The girl reasoned.

"Kahit na, there are even little bits of plastic in that bowl" Irene talked also making a hand gesture pinching the tips of her fingers like 🤏🏻.

Ria found it cute as she decided to tease her mom by shrugging her shoulders and attempting to have a bite of her 'speedy noodles'

"Aish!" Irene exclaimed as she stopped her, "Mom!" Ria exclaimed back.

"I'll cook something else, don't eat that na" She said and was about to get the bowl, "Mommy naman, sayang po yung pagkain" Ria said.

"Then I'll make your dad eat it. But for you little girl, it's a no" Irene said and continued. Ria thought of an idea and decided to use her mother's weakness.

"Mimi, please? This time lang naman po" Ria said cutely and pouted. 'This better work because I look a bit stupid,' She thought to herself.

Irene looked at her daughter who was pouting "Come on anak, don't use that on me" She said softly and continued putting the noodles in a container.

Ria went near her and back-hugged her mother. She really wants to eat the noodles. "Please?" She begged.

After a few moments of making lambing with her mother...

"Fine! But not all of it, only half" Irene finally gave up. 'It's better than nothing' Ria thought.

She smiled "Thank you, Mimi" She said and kissed her mother's cheek, "I don't want to see you eating speedy noodles again ha? Where did you even get that?" She asked curiously, she knows that nobody buys instant noodles based on her orders.

"Hehe, I bought it po at the store before coming home" Ria said and gave her mother a bunny smile. Irene pouted "Don't buy it again hmm? Do you want anything else?" She asked and caressed her daughter's hair.

"Mmm, maybe I'll just go with leftover cookies if ever po" She replied and got the bowl with only half of the noodles and her Matcha Drink in her other hand.

"I'll go up na po. I have something to do pa. Goodnight mommy!" She said and kissed her mother's cheeks.

"Okay don't stay up too late anak. Goodnight I love you" She kissed her daughter's forehead, "Love you more, mom" Her daughter said and went upstairs.

Irene drank the glass of water and washed it before going up to continue her beauty sleep.

...

A few moments later, Ria had a plan. She checked if there was anyone downstairs. She hide when she saw her mother head to their room, and she went downstairs.

She opened the container carefully containing the leftover noodles and added them back to her bowl. She chuckled and went upstairs with her speedy noodles back in her hands.

She knows that every Friday her father wakes up earlier than her mother. And in her luck, it's Friday this morning.

The next morning, the family was downstairs as Greggy was getting ready to go.

"Hon, did you eat the speedy noodles here?" Irene asked, "N-" Ria widened her eyes at her father signaling him to say yes. Greggy chuckled quietly immediately getting her daughter's plan.

"Yes, hon. I didn't want to cook as I was in a hurry" He replied. Ria smiled at him which made her father shake his head.

"I'll go na, Hon, Little Irene" He said and gave a peck on his wife's lips which made Ria's face look disgusted.

The couple chuckled as they saw their daughter's face. He then kissed his daughter's forehead as the girl have her father a hug.

"Thank you, daddy ko" Ria said sweetly whispering, Greggy patted her head "You owe me a massage later" He joked and Ria nodded "Opo!" She said proudly.

"What are you both whispering?" Irene asked raising her eyebrow "Nothing mom, right dad?" She answered as her dad rode on her kalokohan and also nodded proceeding to go outside of their house to his car.

"Kayo talaga ha!" Irene exclaimed as she served her daughter some food for breakfast. "Hehe, thank you mommy" Ria said feeling proud that her 'mission' succeeded.

They both ate breakfast together and Irene decided to bring her daughter to school today as she was free naman.

It was one well... adventure to eating instant or speedy noodles that's for sure.