Chapter 8 - The Existing Supreme Realism After The Forgotten Extreme Escapism

Start from the beginning

Mireille is my girlfriend. A beautiful woman with silverish hair and crimson-red eyes, currently wearing a bluish-red dress on my side.

She was a woman whom I was looking at in the shadows before. She was just my friend, a co-worker at the same company. Still, she suddenly started to look at me affectionately unexpectedly... The feelings she had for me have been growing ever since then.

"Hmm. There is no work today, and I have finished everything I need to do... Um, Mireille, do you have anything you want to do in your mind?"

I talked to Mireille while she was holding my hand. It made my heart beat faster, and I wanted to stay like this forever.

And no matter how I looked at it, the fact that we both held hands felt right.

Mireille suddenly opens her eyes and looks at me with an excited face. Her eyes are sparkling crimson red, and it's so beautiful and unusually bright.

"Then, Izel-kun... do you want to go on a date...?"

She looked at me with her big eyes as if asking for permission. She seemed really excited about it. Mireille's eyes were slightly closed as she looked at me with a dreamy look.

It's only been four days since we started and had our first date; however, it feels like she has known me for more years than the time we worked together.

I didn't expect that Mireille doesn't have a man. But, of course, I was assuming the whole time that she was already dating someone else, so I kept my distance... but now I'm thinking maybe I should've spent more time with her in the past.

"Nn? Yes, I want to go on a date with Mireille as much as possible."

It's my honest feelings. I want to be with Mireille for as much time as possible. This is the first time I have had a girlfriend, after all. The feeling of being happy at her side and enjoying the moment together is simply beyond description.

If you think about it differently, I won't get any more chances than this. So every bit of my luck is exchanged for this very moment.

"Yay~!"

Mireille-san looks genuinely happy. She then looked at me with her face bright red and teary eyes. Then, she smiles softly while still looking at me like that.

" Izel-kun, umm... thank you for being here and going out with me..."

She looks delighted being with me. She gives me all of her attention, making me feel special. And when I am around her, I don't think about anything else.

She had her head rested against my shoulder as we talked. She looked so cute that it almost hurt me...

For some reason, Mireille asked me to go out with her. It surprised me, and at the same time, it made me really happy. I thought I was dreaming when she confessed to me.

Now that we're together, she always says she wants to share herself, her everything, with me.

"No, Mireille, I should be the one thanking you for going out with a nobody like me. And sorry for making you do the confession. It was a pathetic side of me, wasn't it?"

"Please, don't say that... I cherish you, and I want you to cherish me as well. This time, I don't want you to leave me... I thought you were not interested in me before, so it's fine..."

Mireille san confessed to me as if she was there, always looking out for me the whole time. Though was it just a misunderstanding on my part that I failed to notice her feelings? Or were they evident until now, and I just simply missed them?

"Got it. If you are fine with a man like me by your side, I will do my best."

"Un. I love you, Izel-kun. I'm so happy right now."