Chapter 7: Archery and Competition

Third POV

Percy arrived back at Olympus half an hour later looking for Heracles. The son of Zeus was in the arena waiting for Percy to show up from his chat with the goddess of the moon. Once Percy arrived they got to work. 

Percy fought Heracles several times leaving his feelings aside to make things fair since this Heracles still haven't done anything wrong... yet. Percy defeated Heracles without effort and remember that Heracles beat the giants with a bow that summoned arrows when he pulled on the bow. 

"Let's take a break Heracles, I have to run down to Olympus for something real quick. Will be back in like a half-hour," Percy told Heracles. The son of Zeus was more than happy for a break since he was breathing hard and could barely stand up after two hours of non-stop fighting against his cousin. 

Percy made his way towards the section in Olympus that housed the Olympians. He finally found the golden and white temple that represented Apollo. The son of Poseidon went up to the door and knocked on it a few times before it opened and Apollo appeared right behind it. 

"How can I help you Perseus?" The god of the sun warily asked. He wasn't going to take his chances against the guy who easily defeated both of his sisters, who are stronger and more skillful than him. Percy noticed the god's pose and didn't like it one bit. Apollo was one of the most down-to-Earth gods besides Hermes and was pretty chill. 

"Come on dude, there's no need to be wary of me. In the future, you are one of my favorite gods. Besides your desire to be with every beautiful woman, we are on good terms," Percy comforted the god. Apollo was taken by surprise since he didn't expect the demigod to see him as one of his favorite gods. Apollo smiled and let Percy into his mansion. 

"So why have you come to me?" Apollo asked after they seated in the kitchen. Apollo offered Percy some food, who didn't hesitate to accept. Apollo smiled at how the strongest demigod in history still acted like a child with no interest in fame and power. The god was proud and happy that the demigod that earned fame and power didn't want any of that, unlike his cousins or siblings. 

"For several things really, but one thing is more important since it must happen in order for the future to stay the same," Percy answered while he took a sip from his bowl full of soup. It tasted amazing to Percy and he could almost compare it to Hestia's food, but this one had a small taste of medicine. He look quizzically at Apollo who smiled at him for his reaction. 

"The soup has some ambrosia and nectar. It's the soup that it's given to my patients to help with their recovery process. I am guessing you are feeling more energetic?" Apollo explained. Percy nodded and was grateful for Apollo's manners. The god might be a playboy, but he still was the god of medicine and still give good care to those that come to him. 

"I came here because there is something you need to do in order for us to win this war," Percy explained and Apollo nodded. "You need to gift Heracles with a bow that makes arrows appear whenever he pulls the string," Apollo was surprised at Percy's statement. He couldn't believe that he gave Heracles a bow with so much magic in Percy's present stories. The god looked at Percy for an explanation he was willing to give.

"In the stories where the gods and Heracles beat the giants, Heracles has a bow that he uses to help the gods kill the giants. The bow is given by you to him since Artemis would never do such an act for a man," Percy explained and Apollo nodded. The god was quiet for a minute thinking of what to do when he came to a conclusion.

"I will do it Perseus-"

"Please call me Percy, we are family and good friends, you don't need to call me Perseus. Either way, if you call me Perseus I feel like you are trying to kill me," Percy shrugged his shoulders and had a small smile on his face. Apollo smiled at this and continued with what he was saying.