Chapter 4: Another War, Really?

Percy POV

Just as I went through the portal I lost consciousness. Weird that the first time I didn't but I don't really mind. I don't know how much time I was asleep, but when I opened my eyes I could feel myself falling at an alarming rate. I opened my eyes and looked down to notice that I was a good 50 feet up in the air. 

I moved my body so that I landed on my feet and rolled to decrease the amount of pain, or at least that was the initial plan. As I moved my body to land on my feet I was already right on top of the ground and didn't give enough time to roll away so I immediately collapse at the impact. 

Now, I know I have fallen from greater heights, but it still hurt like a bitch. I took a few deep breaths to calm the pain and relax from my last battle against Kronos and Atlas. After a quick break, I got up to my feet and look around me. I was in the middle of a forest that was really familiar for some reason. Maybe this was the forest in which I killed the drakon? I thought to myself.

I was quickly pulled out of my thought when my senses flared up and made me turn around just in time to catch a silver tip arrow that was directed at my head. I took a quick look at the arrow and immediately recognized it, it was an arrow from Artemis. I didn't have much time to think anything else when I brought out riptide to slice another three arrows consecutively.

"Lady Artemis, I don't want any trouble," I shouted in the direction that the arrows came from. "I just got here by accident. I am sorry if I came in your way." I tried to rationalize with the silver eye goddess, but I don't think she heard me because another three arrows were fired toward me. I rolled underneath the arrows and brought out my shield to block another three. 

"Who are you boy?" She spat the last word like it was the worst insult. I didn't mind being called a boy since I have had my fair share of experiences with the moon goddess, but I just came from defeating Atlas and Kronos and I just wasn't in the mood. "My name is Percy Jackson milady. I came here from another time." I replied and begged for my father or any of the eldest gods to come and help me. 

"What do you mean boy?" She asked with so much shock and confusion in her voice that she forgot to put her usual amount of venom in the word boy. "What I mean Lady Artemis is that I am not from this time period, I come from another one. I need an audience with the Olympians to explain my situation." I tried to be as polite as possible. But once again, she took it the wrong way and shot another three arrows from another direction at me. 

I rolled away before summoning a water shield to protect me from another set of arrows. By now I was really getting annoyed at her attitude. "Mylady, I don't want trouble, I just need an audience with the gods to explain everything." I raise my voice. "Why should I take any request from a vile and insolent male?" She spat at me and came into view from behind a couple of trees to my left. 

"I know how you feel about my gender and trust me that I agree with you in that matter. But right now I must explain things as to why I am here and I am seriously in no mood to keep this up." I replied with as much authority as possible to let her know that I was serious. She didn't seem affected by this so I decided to use my last resources: flaring my aura and using my time powers. 

As soon as my aura flared up she got into firing position, but my time powers gave me the ability to kick her bow out of her hands. I let power go back to normal speed and now I was standing in front of her with my aura in full exposure and my eyes shining sea-green and golden. "I am sorry for my actions Lady Artemis, but I am really not in the mood to continue like this." I apologized and stepped back from her and gave got her bow from the floor before giving it to her. 

"Alright boy, if you want to get vaporized by my father's master bolt then so be it." She replied with a mischievous smile on her face before she grabbed my shoulder and flashed us to Olympus.