Beginning the Process.

Start from the beginning

Sukuna pat her gently. "Do not worry, my love. You'll have Kasei while Im gone."

"And Satoru!" She added. Sukuna rolled his eyes, but gently kissed the top of her head and his eyes closed, nuzzling his face against hers.

"Yes, yes, and Satoru. Be good, do not cause any trouble for Kasei, and-"

"I know, I know!" She stuck her tongue out, giggling as Sukuna got out of his seat and carried her out of the dining room, Kasei following at a distance as he brought her to her room. 

They were silent, Y/n's hands spread across his chest as he carried her gently. One of his hands found its way to her back, rubbing her soothingly. 

"I'll leave you to Kasei now, then. I've got to leave soon."

"Okay!" Y/n sat up higher on him, holding his face and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I love you!" She smiled at him.

Sukuna kissed her cheek back. "I love you, too."

"Well," she got sassy. "I love you more!"

Sukuna chuckled and sat her down on the floor, crouching to envelope her in a hug, his voice barely a whisper. 

"And yet I love you most."  

Kasei helped Y/n bathe after Sukuna left her, and once she was done and dressed, the kind curse held Y/n's hand and led her down to the basement where Satoru was waiting. Once they were down there, Y/n smiled at Satoru as he sat her down in a chair.

"Are you ready, Princess?"

Her smile faltered a bit. Was she really going to see again after so long? 

"I guess...I am."

She heard shuffling, watching as his white aura moved around in the room and things clinked. Kasei's green aura was comforting to her as he pat her head soothingly.

"I imagine this has been weighing on your mind for a long time?" Satoru asked.

Y/n sighed. "Sort of...I mean, when I was little, right after I lost my sight, things were really hard. I was angry, you know? After my Momma died and shortly after I went blind...I was just kinda bitter. But once I met 'Kuna..." She smiled fondly, scratching her cheek as a slightly embarrassed blush painted her face. "well, I just didn't feel so bitter anymore. I mean, of course, I've always really wanted to know what he looked like. And everyone else...like you, Kasei, and even Kenjaku. Sometimes I felt guilty for wanting to be able to see again..."

Y/n rambled on as Satoru prepped his workspace for the concoction he was going to make.

"And you know, I think 'Kuna is scared. He thinks I'd be scared after I get my sight back!" The young teen laughed. "That's just stupid. I mean, he can't be that ugly, right?"

"Princess...I don't think he's truly worried about you thinking he's ugly." Kasei gently chided her.

Y/n sighed, her smile lessening even more as she stared dully down at the floor. 

"I know...he's worried I'll leave him." She murmured, squeezing the cloth of her kimono tightly in her lap. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes and her face became strained.

"That's just...unthinkable! How could I ever leave him?! I mean, how could he ever think I'd do that? He saved me...there's no way I'd ever leave his side..."

Y/n felt a cold touch of glass press against her cheek. A small tube, collecting her tears. She laughed, looking up so Satoru had better access. 

"You knew where you were going with that, huh?"

Meanwhile, out in the city, Sukuna found himself staring at the group of troublemaker curses. He sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"You guys...are seriously a pain. I mean, really? You kill off a bunch of weaker curses for what?"

"For a good cause!" One of them shouted, spit flying out of his mouth and landing on Sukuna's robes. The King of Curses grimaced. 

"You're a curse, are you not? What is this nonsense you are spewing about a good cause? Have you been conversing with humans? Are your minds so plagued you can no longer think properly? Kenjaku...do something about these ridiculous excuses of curses. This is making my head hurt."

"Very well, my King. Please let me handle them." Kenjaku bowed shortly, waiting for Sukuna to get out of sight before he enveloped the small band of troublemakers into a curtain, concealing their pained screams.

Sukuna wandered into the city by himself, his arms crossed. Every curse he passed froze and bowed in his direction. It had been a while since he'd gone out into the city. 

As he walked farther, welcoming himself closer to the many vendors that lines the streets, he suddenly wondered what Y/n was up to. He'd been gone a number of hours now, so was she still with Satoru? He sighed, missing her already.

It really was a shock to him how much he loved that girl. The effect her little giggles and smiles had on him was astounding; she had a strange control over him. He really did wonder if she was only human.

But I guess love was like that, after all. Love changed you.