"Sit down!" He smack the newspaper roll on my head.

"Franc, You too."

That meant it's going to be hell of a discussion.
Decisions will be made.
Where I'll actively have to decide. Give my approval or denial and it'll be counted.
Things will change.

This is my first time as a participant.
Spine straighten, clear throat- check.

"As you know, Arnoldo is getting treated at cottage D7, guarded, Everyone is expected to be on alert at all times." This is a reminder.
I am shifted to the second floor next to his room as well.
The cottage is one among several within estate's premises.

"This inconvenience is to remind you to not cause damage so much for so little." Our eyes met! NO. He intentionally gave me that stern look.

"Sorry, Sir." I croak.

"I am thankful and appreciate how handled the situation well. And that's why You get a bigger room."

"Thank You, Sir." A bigger stuffed roasted chicken would've been better.

"Franco, Would you like to be my Right Hand." Vittorio propose and The silence that fell after
everyone seem to sink in the veracity of our reality, the fact that it establish a shift in power. Positions are going to be changed. Different regards, New Responsibility.

"And Accompany you everywhere?" Franco finally question. Vitto Nod.

"Who's going to Train the boys? You think Stranger can handle 'em?"

"Any of your underlings? Who you trust, promote 'em?"

"I do have five I can bet my money on."

"Who do you bet your life on, Franco?"

"Two, you know 'em. Carlos and Ian."

"Then what do you think?"

It was clear he was trying to promote the two to franco's position as a trainer and Guard. which should ease out Franco's dilemma.

"Instead. Boss, I would like to recommend Carlos as Your Right Hand." Franco held Excitement as if showing off his best product to the customer.

Again, the strained long Silence.

"What's so good about him?" Vittorio lifts his brow in anticipation.
That excitement of gaining the extraordinary product, that expression was it.

"He proves to be of benefit for anyone around him. He moulds into your personality if that makes his work easier. I can tell 'cause I see him do it all the time. Moreover, For Example, I read Ivy's very bad report earlier." he says as he hands out two files, headlines read of the recent incident, they were carlos and mine. "My Guy Has great corporative desk skills." He slice further my esteem with one side of the sword and butter up the other with one edge.

We both follow vittorio's eyes skimming through pages as he reads. He was done with mine in two minutes.
I suppose not because it's a lot comprising in two long pages but because he already read it before.
I didn't like he kept surfing those five pages of that corporate pig.

All we receive was a long hmm afore nod in response when he lift his head again.

"What's so great about him?" I examine his file. All difficult words. What's so great about complicated things!? Assho!!

"Call him in." Vitto chime! that reverberated to me like 'appointed already!'

The guard outside was called in. I glare who is to bring the ultra genius in as Franco directs him. The boy met my eyes for a sec -stiffened, as he was being told what to do, answers with a panicked- "YES MA'AM!" And sprints away.
Franco burst into a throaty laughter and Vittorio helplessly managed to not let his Snicker come to notice.