41. Past In Touch

Though my eyes are open I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into my carotid. I strain into the utter darkness, breathing rate beginning to steady.

"Good you're awake!" I am brought back to the reality by the same voice

"Hungry" first automatic word that exit my mouth.

"Your bath is ready. Come down when you're done. Lunch is also ready."

Wait.. I missed breakfast!??

"What time is it?"

"See for yourself." She pull apart the curtains, giving full way for the sunlight to attack my eyes. I cower beneath the sheets.

"Be quick. Sir demands to see you." She exit thuding the door shut.

13:35

Fuck!
In a hurry, I nearly jump in the tub.

My body aches. The previous day wasn't a dream, But me waking up in my room should mean it has ended.

I flip flop back to my room with whatever dress caught my hand.

A shadow lurks. My heart pumps, breathings pause, movement halt.

My eyes narrow down to the floor, where the particular elongated figure cast gloom from the window ledge.

"Hey Ivana."

Jay!

It was open but he didn't cross the sill.

I clutch the bathrobe tighter.

He's scanning my face, my body language. Everything. His eyes are vigilant, analysing n probing the change in me.

"How are you? ..without us" his eyes connect with mine.

My mouth run dry. If it was just a how are you, I was fine. But without us? I don't know what to say.

Not a sarcastic word on tongue. Even the formalist word would sound ironic at this point.

"Still on the run? or have you settled down? ..here."

I can't break away, can't even lower my lashes.

If I do, he'll leave with his win and I with guilt.

Guilt that my freedom is costing lives and precious time which doesn't mount to their reward but just my satisfaction of escaping holy pledge, accusations n responsibility.
If it'd be him in my place, he'd be dancing on bulls eye in my eyes. I wouldn't hold back or understand his emotion of freedom. It would come as bullshit to me.. something senseless.

"I knew you were a bonehead but are you dumb too?" He sit down with one leg dangling inside.

"No." This is an easy question, finally.

"Good. I thought you were deaf too." A sly smirk creeps up his face.

I'd kill him if I were in his place.

"You are talking too much."

"Comeon Iva, I'm not a stranger." His face loosen, but having sun behind him he continues to appears dark to me.

"We've been taught many things together and Being unarmed at any time of the day is not one of them." He ticks his gun on his head.

He stands n fish his anchored noose rope, "Spat like that won't help."

We stand still where he looks down at me deducing and I up at him warily. I'm at my feet ready to either dodge or run, hand to hand combat, anything!

"Doesn't put you in any advantage either." I stark.