Levi X !Enemies to Lovers! Reader (Genderfluid)

Start from the beginning

Checking on your horse, the steed has picked him/herself up again, shaking his/her head from the irritating rain. Sighing in relief, you're about to stand up when the tremors of a Titan vibrate underneath your behind. Face turning pale, you lunge for the reins, pulling your horse behind you to find a hiding spot. Haphazardly jogging ahead, a sudden flash of lightning strikes a tree in front of you. In no time, the bark explodes and shrapnel shoots out in all directions. A few shards of bark scrape against your limbs, shielding your eyes from the explosion. Spooking your horse, the stallion/mare takes off another way, leaving you behind. "Wait!" You call after the steed, immediately losing sight of him/her.

Utterly screwed, you collect your thoughts for a moment while catching your breath from the scare. Captain Levi might have heard the ruckus, hopefully he's nearby. Otherwise, you'll have to find him on foot if your horse doesn't return. It won't be long until the abnormals find you again and knowing Captain Levi, he definitely didn't take them down. Sprinting off again, your ears are too clogged by your panting to notice the tremors approaching. On cue, a Titan's foot stomps to your right, causing you to fall over from the impact it made. Gasping in shock, you turn over just in time to see the Titan's eerie face lower from the fog.

This is your first time coming close to death during an expedition. You anticipated you'd react better but one never really knows until they're in the moment. Paralyzed in fear from vulnerability, you ultimately break out of your shell to fight, however a rough grasp nearly knocks the air out of your lungs as you're dragged backwards. Before you can scream and kick, a hand clasps over your mouth, another still gripping your shoulder. Heart pounding against your chest, you tilt your head back once you both stop to finally see who has captured you.

Beneath a matching green hood, cool grays stay focused ahead. The rain ceases as you're now sheltering under a large tree, the only sound being the water hitting leaves and the Titan roaming around. "Let go of me!" You snap with a muffled voice, struggling in Captain Levi's grasp. You eventually smack his hand off your mouth then shrug the other off your shoulder. Pushing yourself away from him, uncomfortable with the closeness, you turn around to face him. "What the hell was that all about?" You furrow your brows in confusion. Wiping his hands off, the raven glares at you. "I was trying to help you, moron." He sneers.

"Why would you do that?" You ask after a moment, eyes not leaving his form. "I already regret helping you." The raven mutters, feeling like you're a headache to him. "I've been nothing but nice to you but you still hate me. Why?" Your voice lowers, searching for a bit of vulnerability. Staying silent, the young Captain does not answer, leaving you more confused. "Hey, aren't you gonna answ-" You get cut off when the man suddenly lunges forward to tackle you. "H-Hey! What the hell?!" You shout, being smothered beneath him. Once again, Captain Levi gives you a sharp look while covering your loud mouth. Lost, your eyes suddenly notice a Titan's hand swing over your heads. Wanting to scream out, Captain Levi's hand keeps you from doing so.

Still annoyed at the Captain, you attempt to wiggle yourself free, not understanding his actions. "I hate this as much as you do, by the way. So why don't you make it easier on yourself and stop moving." The male narrows his eyes on you. "I don't even know why you have to lay on top of me. I can be quiet!" You bark through the palm of his hand, forgetting to be quiet. "Shut up, brat!" He hisses, eyes immediately widening when the Titan's hand returns. Pinching your eyes shut in fear, you hear Captain Levi unsheathe his swords, shouting at the Titan. Suddenly, his weight is removed from you, signaling his absence.

Not daring to look, you blindly race to the tree trunk, keeping low to the ground. Breathing erratic, you nervously wait for the raven to return, losing him in the mist of the heavy downpour. You both knew ODM Gear usage was limited in a situation like this but what else could you do? Wait for Titans to be at your foot? Building up the courage to peek, you finally decide to peel your eyes open but before given the chance to call out his name, a rattling shake of the ground knocks your back into the tree.