Chapter 92: 2 Days

Začít od začátku

His heart is beating weakly enough for me to check if he was still breathing. I held my finger to his nostrils and felt nothing. So I slapped him slightly. "Hawks." And slapped him again. "Hawks as if you are dying that easily." A moment later and I started to panic. Getting off of him fully, I raised my fist and hit him over his heart. He gasped loudly, then started coughing uncontrollably.

"Don't touch me again while I'm sleeping."

He needed a minute to speak, weakly looking up to me as I stood up and looked around the room. "I nearly died and that is the first thing you say to me?"

"Want me to baby you?" The fact that I slept long enough to have a dream like that really didn't sit right with me. A digital little clock on the side of the bed said that we had 2 am. "Actually, I would have nothing against you playing my mommy."

I ignored him and searched for a door, then walked towards it. "I brought you to my room because you fell asleep in the cinema." He stood up and catched up to me in the room. "Mavis," I stopped walking and looked to him expectingly. I'm in a foul mood right now, and I feel like taking it out on someone.

"That was two days ago." I felt numb when I heard it and cocked my head to the side. Thank the gods I only dreamed that. What if it was something horrible? I think I will have to take some epinephrine from now on.

"So what?" He furrowed his brows and went to grab my arms, but stopped himself when I looked down at them. "Was the movie fun?" There was a moment of silence but I didn't bother trying to fill it. I just waited for Hawks' answer. "The kids liked it."

I nodded, then turned around and walked out the room.

~

I played with my dagger in my hand, smiling behind my mask slightly while I walked after the doctor slowly, as he tried to crawl away with his remaining strength. He tried to get up but I kicked him in his back. "P-please-" He turned around, ugly crying and fumbling with one hand with something on the back of his belt.

I dropped my eyes to his right hand as he pulled out a tiny device with a button. He looked relieved and pressed it once while looking me in the eyes. I smiled.

Moments later he realized something was wrong and pushed the button multiple times. "Why..?"

"Are you willing to come with me now, or do I have to use violence?"

"I-if I use my quirk on another person, my next client would have to wait another week for me to treat him!"

"How long did they wait?" I crouched down and pulled his head by his hair, making him look me in the eyes. "I have a 8 months waiting list." I hummed, dragging my knife from his throat, down to his navel. "I'm sure he can wait another week, no?"

I heard him whimpering and closing his eyes tightly. His face was already red, but it looked like it worsened. All of a sudden, a strong ammonia odor hit me and I looked down to his pants.

He peed himself.

I laughed and looked back up, letting go of his head. I used my free left hand to manipulate his tears into a thin string, sharp enough to cut flesh, and pulled up his shirt with my dagger slowly.