Chapter 22: Unexpected Guest

Mavis' pov

"Everyone... I'm looking forward... about hearing your stories...about training camp..." Mina was crying, while the others that didn't pass are really depressed. It was Kirishima, Sato, Kaminari and Mina.

"W-we don't know for sure yet! There might be a last minute twist!" Midoriya tried to comfort the group, to no avail.

Sero put his hand on Midoriya's shoulder. "Stop it Midoriya. If you say it out loud, it'll probably jinx it."

I went to my seat when I saw that Kaminari wanted to say something. Don't get me wrong, it's just that he would probably say something dumb or depressing anyway, and I don't know how to comfort someone. It would be awkward to just stand there and do nothing.

As I sat down, the classroom door opened and Aizawa walked to stand at his usual spot. "Once the bell rings, get in your seats."

I watched how my classmates went to their seats in seconds. They are like little obedient puppets that don't want to piss off their master. And in this place, their master would be Aizawa.

Pussies...

The room fell into silence and the homeroom teacher went on. "Morning. Unfortunately, there are those who didn't pass the final exams. According for the training camp in the woods... everyone is going." I watched in surprise as my teacher's expression changed to one of happiness. I though I could see the rainbow behind him form out of nowhere. Strange...

The four that failed the practical exam erupted in cheers.

"We can go, too?!"

"Really?!" Mina had tears pricking out of her eyes, out of happiness.

"Yeah. Some failed, but no one failed the written exam. In the practical, Kirishima, Ashido, Kaminari, Sato and Sero failed."

The last called boy let out a shriek. "I knew it... Just because my team passed didn't mean I scored high enough not to fail..."
I saw how Midoriya wanted to reach out for Sero, wanting to comfort him, but Aizawa spoke again.

"For this time's exam, we on the villain side, made sure to leave a way for the students to win while watching to see how you all would take on the task at hand. If we hadn't, most of you would've gotten stuck before you started."

'Does that mean they went easy on me? Not that they had a chance to do something... Right?'

The class went on and on, which was really boring...

~

"Hey Mavis, are you coming with us to the mall?" Mina came like an excited child to my desk as I was packing my things, so I didn't look up. "I don't think so."

I mean, I got my money yesterday but I don't think I need something from the mall...

"Why not?" My pink skinned friend whined.

"You guys are such party poopers."

'like the pervert has room to talk...'

"I have something better to do than going shopping with my class-"

"-You mean reading?" She cut me off and raised an eyebrow. Mina knows that I like to read in my free time, and finds it boring as hell.

"Yeah, actually I got myself a new book that waits for me at home. It's called 'Corrupt' and-"

"-Booooriiiiing~" She said in a sing-voice. I threw my bag over my shoulder and looked up to my annoying friend. "Just because you don't like to read, doesn't mean it's boring."

"If you say so," She trailed off and walked with me out of school.

~

So that's what I did. Reading the whole afternoon and after that, watching 'How to get away with Murder'. What? It's a great show! It's not like I'm taking notes or something. Joking... I know how to get away with it without this show. I got a call from Mina hours ago. She told me what happened in the mall. Apparently, this freak with the crusty lips was in the mall and talked with Midoriya while he was alone.

Thanks to Bubbles, he walked away and she reported it to the police. Because of that, the whole Mall got closed, and Midoriya got taken to the police station for more questions.

I let the show go on as I was in the kitchen, making myself dinner. Today I will have delicious fried chicken. There was a knock on my window, but I didn't pay any mind, thinking it was a tree branch or something. But after some seconds I heard it again, but louder. I let my chicken fry while I went to the big doors in my living room. They were like big windows, and I saw a familiar man standing there with a big smile on his stupid face.

I opened the door that led to my garden, and gave him a pointed look. "Sorry bro, no pedophiles or stalkers allowed". He laughed loudly and shook his head. It seemed fake for a second, but I shook it off because I am quite awkward when it comes to these kinds of things.

"That's not how you greet a friend." I rolled my eyes and opened the door wider, signaling him to come in. "No shoes are allowed in here." He took his shoes off in front of the door and came in. I went back to my chicken and let Hawks settle in my living room. "Nice house," He complimented.

The kitchen and the living room were connected, that's why I heard him perfectly and watched him while he examined my living room further.

"Thanks, I bought it just 2 months ago."
I moved here not long after I had enough to buy this big house. It was a modern one and all thanks to the mouse.

"I hope you are a cannibal because today is chicken for dinner." Even though I didn't plan on having dinner with him, I had enough for both of us.

"Actually, I love fried chicken." He sat down on the couch and gazed at the tv, where the show still played.

He pointed at the tv with his thumb and gave me a playful look. "Yeah, I'm taking notes for when I kill you." He laughed again. "You won't get rid of me that easily." He played along and gave me a goofy grin.

I placed the last chicken on a plate with the others, and took the plate from the counter, making my way to the dinner table.

"Why are you actually here?" I placed the plate with the chicken in the middle of the table and went to the kitchen again, opening a shelf and pulling out two plates.

"I missed you." He watched me going back to the kitchen and pulling out two glasses. "So you like minors now, huh?"

He chuckled and stood up to come to my side. "What do you want to drink?" I opened the refrigerator and looked inside for water. "Coke would be good, thanks." Closing the refrigerator after taking out the drinks, I looked up again to the winged hero who was leaning against the counter.

"You are lucky I can bear you, I actually hate guests." He gave me another grin of his and took the drinks from my hands, making his way to the table. I followed after him and sat on one of the chairs while Hawks took a seat besides me.

"I wanted to talk with you about something..."

1232 words