"Uh- This is my friend Katara" Aang introduced Katara who bowed respectfully, "The one I told you about" Aang added.

Master Pakku immediately stiffened, as if insulted.

"I'm sorry, I think there's been a misunderstanding" he apologized, clearly not apologetic, "You didn't tell me your friend was a girl" he stated scowling, 

"What's wrong with her being a girl? You took me as your student" I exclaimed as I stopped running, breathing heavily.

"You were a special case, in our tribe it is forbidden for women to learn waterbending"

"What? You've gotta be kidding!" I shook my head.

"What do you mean, you "won't teach me"? I didn't travel across the entire world, just so you could tell me "No"" Katara fumed.

Pakku sat impassive as I stood frozen, you've gotta be kidding.

"No." he stated simply with a regal tilt of his head.

"But there must be other female waterbenders in your tribe" Katara expressed as I cringed, expecting him to blow up at her.

"Here, the women learn from Yagoda, to use their waterbending to heal. I'm sure she'd be happy to take you as her student, despite your bad attitude" Pakku spat.

"I don't wanna heal, I wanna fight!" Katara stomped in anger.

"Master, if I may, Katara has used her bending to save lives, and she needs to learn, in order to keep the avatar safe" I stated as I bowed.

His eyebrows raised,

"The avatar can protect himself, especially if I train the both of you, it will be no problem. Healing is a special technique that is an honor to learn" Pakku stated as his glare pierced my bowed head.

"I can see you want to fight" he continued, "but our tribe has customs and rules" he explained.

"Well, your rules stink!" Katara stated with a angry glare,

"Yeah!" Aang agreed, "They're not fair!"

"..." I stayed silent.

"If you won't teach Katara, then-" Aang stuttered as Pakku stood up. I stepped back, 

"Then what?!" Pakku questioned aggressively,

"Then, I won't learn from you!" Aang finally stated as he walked further away,

"well, have fun teaching yourself. I'm sure you'll do a great job" Master Pakku stated sarcastically.

I felt a sudden dip as my anger was smothered in energy,

Katara followed behind him, but not before telling Pakku,

"Wait! Aang didn't mean that."

Katara grabbed Aang by the shoulder,

"You can't risk your training for me. Even if he is a big jerk" Katara stated as a crack fissured in the thick ice.

"What the Moon?" Pakku stated, looking around for the thing responsible.

I shook with rage,

"You can refuse to train my sister, but you can't treat her with disrespect" I stated as the crack spread from my walking towards Pakku.

His eyes went wide as Aang went to run up to me, Katara just behind him.

"Lyra! Calm down" Aang pleaded, and ran to me.

"Don't touch her!" Pakku warned as he stepped in front of Aang,

"What? Why? She's my friend!" Aang exclaimed as my fists clenched, I know I was overreacting, but the energy blinded my judgement.

Aang's eyes widened as the ice needles glinted in the sun for a moment before turning away from the light and returning to see through.

"Lyra stop!" Katara's yelling broke me from my trance, the warmth in my eyes shrunk down to my neck where it'd been moments before, "It's okay" Katara stated as I shook my head clear of the fog.

"I didn't like that" I groaned as I shook the hazy feeling away.

"Me neither" Pakku agreed and sent a ball of water unexpectedly at Aang and I making us both scream in surprise.

--------------------------

Sooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Lyra's getting more unstable, like me! Okay, bad joke. But anyways, have a good day my Bookworms, and stay safe and healthy! Until next time my Bookworms, I will see y'all later!

-Rose