Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"Talking to another girl-"

"About quidditch...Alexandria knows I like the Irish team and they're about two wins away from being in the World Cup this summer, it's the only thing we have in common." George sighed, pausing as he looked at Harper with a pleading look-his brown orbs smoldering slightly as he held her gaze. "Unlike us who have a lot more..."

"Awwww!" Joy's voice could be heard from the couch area, Angelina shushing her hurriedly as they continued to hide from view.

Harper felt her heart skip several beats, George stepped closer, holding his hands out to her. Harper rolled her eyes, sighing and pulling her sleeves down over her hands and holding back. His fingers grazed the back of her hands, the contact made her breathing hitch for a moment.

"Come on, you know better...What happened to wanting to start again as friends?"

Harper bit her bottom lip, worrying it as she sighed. "I suppose...."

"Ange told me what you said after the quidditch game last month," George's smirk was even bigger, stepping closer.

Harper scowled, she wasn't going to let him win that easily, looking at her bag beside her. A specially made tin of his favorite sweets hiding the vial she'd finished that morning sat beneath her books and parchment. She just needed to wait until tomorrow.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she stuttered, face going red.

George smirked, pushing a bit of her hair behind her ear, the small contact made her heart thump harshly against her ribs. "yeah. Sure, Nonemacker."

****
In the morning Harper woke up before all the girls, pulling on black jeans and a grey shirt underneath a billowing dusty orange cardigan. Outside the door sat two yellow roses, with a smile Harper carefully walked over to the boys' stairs and up to the boys' dormitory. She gently placed the tin of lemon lavender cookies she had finished yesterday on the floor and bolted for it. Taking a seat in her favorite over stuffed chair that had a view of the stairs and pulling out her book she was currently reading.

It felt like ages before anyone emerged from the boys' dormitories. Lee bounded downstairs with a giant smirk on his face, giving a wink as he sat across from her.

"He'll be down any second," Lee nodded.

Harper gave a nervous smile, closing her book and watching students slowly leave for the Great Hall. When George finally came down, Harper jumped to her feet, he looked a bit apprehensive as she approached. Her heart twitching in pain for a moment.

"Happy Valentine's Day," Harper smiled, sitting up in her chair.

"What's so happy about it?" George raised an eyebrow, folding his arms across his chest.

Harper's smile fell, "alright fine, if you want to be that way, Weasley."

George stepped closer, his eyes shimmering slightly, leaning forward his eyes seemed to melt like chocolate in the dim firelight, "I asked what's so good about a holiday you're deliberately supposed to celebrate your loved one? It should be every day, Nonemacker and you know it."

Harper's face flushed slightly as he smirked, "while I agree...I wanted to make sure you got the cookies."

"I did," George nodded, rubbing the back of his neck.

Harper frowned, "no. You didn't."

George raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean? I got the tin."

Harper gave an exasperated sigh, "did you open the tin?"

"I wasn't very hungry for a sweet...."

Harper rolled her eyes, "there was something else in there besides some damn cookies." She ran her hands through her hair, George bounded up the stairs and returned with the tin, on the inside of the lid a small vial was taped. "That's what I've been working on for the past few months," she nodded to the vial, "come find me after you take it."