Chapter 3

Sypha remained poised in her stance, although her mind was racing she answered softly, "Yes, I am the Queen, Sypha Huang."

Raiden nodded his earlier suspicions proven correct. A woman of higher power and regard, the way she carried herself as well spoke loudly without words. The way the men had treated her whoever he was around was nothing but respectful and admiration aside from the one they called Sasha.

That one he would have to keep an eye on.

"I apologize for deceiving you, many people treat me differently when finding out I'm the reigning ruler of the land even with the previous king still alive."

"I understand, no apology necessary," Raiden muttered, rising off the soft bedding towards Sypha.

Her breath hitched as the large man stood before her and began to kneel.

"Raiden..."

"Queen Sypha Huang, I did not lie when I said I'm indebted to you. The only one to have given me kindness and help when no one else wanted to hear me. Rather than keep me chained you allow me to be free and for that whatever you need I will find a way to give you," He announced with one arm behind his back and another covering his heart.

"Raiden, I am honored by your commitment, but I cannot let you do this. What about Rythea Isles, your home, and your life? I doubt you would want to live your days as a guard for the Queen."

"It would be an honor to serve you. Rythea, it is no longer home to me and what I need is a new beginning. To do that here and pay you back for your kindness, it is what I want."

Sypha was in a predicament. She already had a personal guard in which she felt the most comfortable and fully trusted in by her side. Shang. Appointed by Sypha in her first month as Queen and he has only served her and his country with humility and bravery. There was no better candidate.

Raiden was unknown. They knew little information on the man and even what they did know still had them in confusion. He has yet to be demoed trustworthy or even worthy of the role as a guard.

And if it was up to the others, they would put him through the trials. But it was up to Sypha.

She would have to sleep on this for now. Sasha would have to be addressed in the morning because the queen was exhausted. And as she rose bidding a goodnight to the man, she seemed to have forgotten that he was no longer restrained.

***

"What are you doing outside her chambers?" A rush voice hushed outside Sypha's room walls.

Her eyes fluttered open listening in on the conversation that had seemed to have woken her up. As her senses became more awake, she recognized the voice as Shang and the other as Raiden. What is Raiden doing outside of her room?

Letting out a yawn, Sypha sat up slipping her feet into her slippers carrying herself over to the door.

Opening the doors slowly she found the two speaking much quieter back and forth.

"Good morning," She announced to the two letting them know she was awake and could hear them.

"Good morning my Queen," Shang bowed before looking up and away, "My Queen, you are eh, exposed."

Sypha looked down, noticing all she had worn to sleep was the lingerie set from the previous day. Sypha was comfortable with her body and didn't care much for who had seen it if she knew their intentions. Shang had strong feelings for Astrid, so he was respectful in glancing away.

Raiden, however, raked the entire look in with a heated glance as he bowed to Sypha early that morning.

"Good morning, my Queen," He had rasped out as Sypha blushed faintly, grabbing her silk robe from behind the door and fastening it.