Chapter 21: A Nightmare

A/N: Before you begin to read I just want to apologize for the break and to say that I will be quite busy for a while, so it is possible that once again I won't publish for some time, but hopefully be back by February to upload the rest of this story. 

Y/N and Mallow were in the school library together looking in the documents for something that might help them

Y/N and Mallow were in the school library together looking in the documents for something that might help them. Looking at all kinds of theories of the multiverse and possible ways to reach them. Though none of them was really useful, it just looked like they were all written by teenagers to joke around.

"Well, looks like this was just a waste of time. Let's go to the others, maybe they thought of something useful." Y/N said as she and Mallow left the library. 

"I hope so,"

The two of them walked over to the clubroom only to find no one inside. "Where is everyone? I thought they would be here by now." Y/N said as she observed the messy clubroom, but there was Mallow didn't respond at all. When she looked behind her she didn't find her, not even outside of the clubroom.

"Mallow?..." 

"If this is a prank, you can come out now. It's not funny." 

"That would be a really lame prank." A voice suddenly said behind Y/N. When she turned around and looked slightly up she saw her (D) Y/N. She was sitting with her legs crossed on one of the little walls surrounding the school property and a smirk on her face.

"What the-...What are you doing here?!" Y/N asked.

"Well, you're not supposed to be here either, are you now? Besides I came to warn you." 

"Warn me? About what?"

"About the danger, you and your friends are in."

"Since when do you care?" 

"I don't...The danger is me after all. I want you to surrender and to feel the greatest pain imaginable. It will be so much fun to watch you suffer like that. And if you don't surrender soon, a lot of bad things will happen and not only to the four of you but to that whole miserable team of yours."

"You're bluffing!"

"Am I? Let's find out shall we." (D) Y/N replied with a creepy smile on her face. She snapped her fingers and before Y/N could realise what was going on, she was hit with an insanely painful headache. It felt like her head was going to explode in some sort of way. "Don't underestimate me...Y/N." 

Y/N opened her eyes quickly as she sat up. ~A dream? Was it all just a dream?~. Y/N sat like that for a moment when she realised that a warm liquid was running down her nose. ~A nosebleed? Is it because of the pain I felt in my dream?~, she thought as she took some tissues. 

Y/N stood by the steel tower alone, waiting for Mark, Jude and Axel to show up

Y/N stood by the steel tower alone, waiting for Mark, Jude and Axel to show up. She had told Mallow that she will meet them there and that she didn't have to go with her. The two of them had looked into the library but didn't find anything, just as in her dream. 

The four of them wanted Mallow and the rest of her team to just do their daily routine and act like they didn't know a thing, just in case. Y/N hadn't told the others about her dream yet, she doesn't want to worry them, but looking at the situation she might have to. They are stuck, not knowing what to do next and without a plan. Luckily, it didn't take that long for the others to arrive.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Mark asked.

"I don't know, I asked B/N if he received a weird-looking music box, like the one at Y/N's home, but he said he didn't. So I guess they're not gonna come after the people here for a while." 

"I do think that they know that we are here," Jude said to them. "I just don't understand why they don't do anything." 

"Maybe they want us to surrender to them. They know that we don't understand how all of this works and how to get back. They can take advantage of that and use it against us. If we surrender they might take us back to that weird place, but maybe that isn't so bad. There are many of those weird music boxes, sure a-one of them has to take us home." Y/N said.

"True,...But I don't like the idea of that, to go back and just hope that they aren't paying attention again to escape." Mark replied.

"Mark is right, besides if we go back there, I'm sure that they we keep a keen eye on us this time around. It will be even more difficult than last time. They were just messing with us then, who knows what they might do now." Jude said to Y/N in a matter-of-fact way.

"True, but no one else has a better idea." 

"Even if we were gonna do that, how do we know that they would just come out and get us? It's not like they place a tracker on us or something...At least not that I know of." Mark said saying that last part quietly. 

"Besides, I feel bad for endangering the people here. The longer we stay here, the more at risk they are for also getting kidnapped by them." 

"Y/N is right, it's better if we leave this place." Axel said.

"So, we're just going to go back to that place?" Mark asked unsurely.

"...We don't have a better option I'm afraid." Jude then finally said. 

"Then let's go back to tell them that we're leaving," Mark suggested, but before they could even leave they all felt really sleepy all of a sudden. It was like someone had put a gas mask on them with anaesthesia.

"Look at that, Y/N really did take my good advice." They hear someone say, a voice they could easily recognise. "Thanks for surrendering, now things will get a lot easier for us." (D) Y/N said to the four of them before everything went black.

" (D) Y/N said to the four of them before everything went black