Chapter 16: A Map

The four teenagers heard somebody entering the room and turned the lights on

The four teenagers heard somebody entering the room and turned the lights on. They don't know who it was, but the person stopped at the doorway. He was probably looking around searching for something. For them? 

It felt like ages sitting there uncomfortable, waiting for the person to leave once again. Mark and Jude were squatting behind a big bookcase, while Y/N and Axel were sitting under a desk that was standing in a corner. Luckily for them, there wasn't much light there, so it was difficult, almost unmanageable, to see them. 

The certain person took a few steps inside and then decided to leave once again. 

"They're not here!" He shouted to someone further in the hallway and then closed the door.

After waiting a few more minutes the four of them came finally out of their hiding place, relieved that they hadn't been found. 

"Okay, so now they are looking for us. That will make things much more complicated then they were before." Y/N said to them.

"But it was to be expected with all the cameras hanging around in every corner. They probably saw on the security footage that the camera in our room was covered and knew that we weren't there anymore." Jude replied. 

"Probably." 

"So what do we do now?" Mark asked him, hoping that he had already a plan figured out. 

"I don't think it smart to go out there, maybe we have to wait a bit until there is less commotion around this place. In the meantime we can stay here and look at the information we can get from that computer." Jude said while walking towards the big screen once again.

"Do you think all the information is on there?" 

"The most important things probably not. They will keep that in a place were there constantly people around. At least I would do that." 

"So we can't figure out why that they brought us here?" 

"Probably not, but we can try." 

So that's what they did. They looked through every file that was available on the computer, but what they found was just more confusing. For every single one of them, there was a list of things about there lives like their family, medical record, strengths, weaknesses...and so on. 

"Did they get all of that just of that one night when we were still unconscious after the fall?" Axel asked them a bit shocked about what he just saw. 

"I guess so. But they are a bit like us, so maybe things like family they already knew." Y/N replied. "But nevertheless what are we going to do now, when they have all this information about us?"

"I-I'm not sure." Mark said unsettled. 

"Maybe there is a map on the that we can use to escape from here. Like Y/N said earlier." Axel suggested. 

While Jude searched for a map on the computer, the rest couldn't keep their eyes off the second screen that showed themselves in the laboratory. And they couldn't help but wonder what had happened in those few hours when they were out. 

"Look here it is." Jude said relieved. "Now we only have to find out where they hide those weird music boxes." 

They examined the map carefully hoping that a room would have a name that could possible lead them to an escape. 

"Look what is that room?" Mark asked while pointing at a small room that was secluded from the other rooms. 

"I don't know it isn't mentioned in the caption." Jude replied.

"Maybe it's there then. It would be the perfect place to hide something if it's so separated of sight like that." 

"There is a big possibility." Axel said while thinking about it.

"Alright, let's check that room then." Jude confirmed and then he shut the computer back off. He still memorized the map in his head in case that it was the wrong room.

"I think we forget about something. How are we supposed to get there when they search all over the place for us? I don't think that were are able to go back into the vent." Y/N said to them.

"Right...Maybe if we are really careful and try not to make a sound at all, we will be able to reach the room just trough the hallways." 

With that information, three of them looked at one person in particular. 

"Why are you all looking at me?" Mark asked in confusion.

"Because you're the type of person that can't keep quiet that well." Axel replied dryly.

"But this is another situation, trust me. I will be quiet."  He said a bit offended which made the rest chuckle softly.