You want to play?

Dominic

"Mina," I shouted her name, but she continued to flee, heading for the lobby with a horde of people rushing the doors to vacate the building.

A part of me wanted her to stop, but the other—the more primal side—kicked in the moment she took off running, craving the chase.

It's not often in this line of business that a target outsmarts me, especially one as delicate, delectable, and devious as this five-foot-one, hundred-pound, angelic-looking female.

Well, you weren't lying when you said you'd get my blood pumping. I found myself chuckling at the thought.

My shirt still hung open. I'd found it discarded in the stairwell in a wrinkled clump, and it still held her alluring scent.

Walking through the front lobby doors, I glanced right, then left, but there was no sign of my little sparrow.

I yanked off my phone cover with a chuckle and shook the residual water loose. Only half the display worked, so her decision to plunge my waterproof phone into a kettle of hot water proved more than enough to get the job done. But once I picked up a replacement, she'd be easy enough to find, as long as her uncle's men didn't find her first.

Oh, Mina, Baby, it seems you want to play. The thrill of the chase had my heart thumping in my chest.

Well, she had my full attention—in more ways than one. And now that the hunt had begun, I couldn't wait to corner my prey and see what she'd do next.

Barefoot, I jetted across the street and entered the first men's clothing store on the stripe.

"Hello, welcome to the Sergio's—A place for men." A woman in her forties greeted me with a smile as I entered the shop. "How may I assist you today?"

"Well, hello to you," I read her name tag, "Janet. It seems I'm in serious need of some socks, shoes, and, well, a full change of clothing."

Her eyes drifted to my feet, then came back up to my eyes. The smile on her face fell.

"Long story short, my plane was diverted—sick pilot and crew, been all over the news—so I have no luggage, and now, the hotel I'm at just evacuated everyone because of a possible fire. And to make matters worse, I have a meeting in less than two hours, and my phone fell inside a hot kettle. So, how can you aid me today, Janet, Dear?" I winked at her, and the smile returned, brightening her eyes.

Thirty minutes later, I had on a clean change of clothing, an open dinner invitation at seven sharp tonight with newly divorced Janet, and directions to a phone store less than a block away. Back on the sidewalk and in the brisk air, I couldn't help but wonder how my little sparrow was fairing in a foreign country without a phone, passport, credit cards, or funds of any kind.

How resourceful are you, Mina, Baby? Shall we find out?

A quick in and out stop at the phone store had me up and running again, only this time with an iPhone with face recognition to open it with.

Let's see you crack this one! A grin spread my lips.

Walking the sidewalk at a leisurely pace, I followed the red dot on the screen that seemed to bounce from one street to the next.

She either lost her way, or she's trying her damnedest to lose a tail—or me.

I stopped and waited for her to backtrack down a dead-end alley, then sighed.

My, how fast plans change.

This morning, all I wanted was to cuddle in bed, maybe even taste my delectable little morsel, and possibly even bring her to another orgasm or two before heading to the safe house. But no, she had to go snooping around, crack the code on my phone, and then flee without a sound.