"Amazing." I said and stood up. When we got out to the hallway there were a couple guys who were walking passed us.

Both men greeted Colby and glanced at me for only half a second before they immediately averted their eyes.

I forgot that I wasn't allowed to be seen as a human anymore, nor be greeted as one.

When we got to the car I got in the passengers seat and crossed my arms. "Why are you so pissy?" Colby asked as I scoffed.

"I love spending time with my ex. It's my favorite fucking thing to do. I also love being treated not only like a child but like a prisoner. It's so fun." I said sarcastically.

"You're not a prisoner. You have two options. You stay here with me where I can make sure you don't get killed or you can leave and I won't bother looking for you when someone snatches you up. I've already put myself at risk enough for you." He said as I nodded and reached for the door handle.

"Really?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Really." I said then got out of the car and started walking.

I didn't know where I was going to go or how I was going to get back to Spokane since I didn't have my phone.

Shit.

I didn't have my phone and Stacie was probably losing her shit over it.

First step was to find a phone to use. If I called Stacie then she could help me get home.

"Julia, just get in the car." Colby said with exhaustion as he drove slowly next to me.

"Wow, you seem to obsessed with someone that you pushed away." I hummed as he groaned.

"Jesus Christ. Just get in the car, Julia. I'm not kidding." Colby said as I stopped.

"You gave me two options! I took the one that you don't want and now you're having a hissy fit." I said and squinted at him.

"Yeah. I'm a huge asshole but I'm not controlling you because I want to. It's only for a little while so I can get this sorted, then you're free to go. Just come on." Colby said in the most humane tone he's had since we reconnected.

Maybe he actually did feel bad for me.

I rolled my eyes then got in the car. "I need to use your phone." I said as he squinted. "Why?" He asked as I crossed my arms.

"I have friend who is more than likely looking for me. She knows about Adam and she probably thinks I got murdered. I need to call her." I said then held my hand out.

"I'm not giving a random person my phone number." He said as I rolled my eyes. "I'll star sixty seven it, dickhead." I said as he chuckled.

"You've gotten so aggressive. You know that?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, it's what happens when your life turns into a shit show." I said then jutted my hand out again.

Colby didn't respond to my comment and instead handed me his phone after unlocking it.

"Thank you." I said then went to look up the number for the restaurant so I could get in contact with Stacie.

Before I could call, Colby got a text message from a contact called '#4'.

Hey, I'm really horny and need a fix. Can I come over?

"And you're calling me a whore?" I asked and looked over at Colby. "What?" He asked as I pointed to his phone. "Number four texted you. She's horny." I said as he chuckled.

"Looking through my phone, sweetheart?" He asked as I laughed and went to his contacts. "Now I am." I said and scrolled seeing numbers one to fourteen.

"Fourteen?! I literally date one dude and end up almost getting murdered but you have fourteen side pieces and you're holding me hostage." I said as he reached for his phone.

"I didn't give you permission to go through my shit, Julia." He said as I pulled the phone back. "Sorry. Sorry. I'm done." I said then went back to the internet to copy the number.

Once the number was dialed I brought my phone to my ear. "Thank you for calling Frank's Diner, my name is Stacie how may I help you?" Stacie answered as I sighed with relief.

"Stace, it's Julia." I said causing her to gasp. "Thank God! Where the hell did you go!? Parker and I have been worried sick." She said as I nodded.

"I know, I'm sorry. Uhh...so some things happened and I'm not going to be back for a little while." I explained as Colby drove.

"Are you okay? Mike or I guess I should say whoever killed Mike is a murderer, aren't you scared?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I'm terrified. I'll hopefully be okay though." I said with a sigh.

"I don't have my phone with me so I'll have no real contact but as soon as I get things taken care of, I'll contact you. I'm so sorry." I said quietly.

"Don't worry about a thing, Julia. This is terrible and I'm so sorry it's happening." Stacie said as I nodded.

"It's a lot worse than you think." I mumbled as Colby pulled into the parking lot of a Target. "Okay, well just stay safe. Let me know when you're back." Stacie said as I nodded.

"Will do. I have to go but please don't worry about me." I said as Colby parked the car. "I will, but I'll try not to." She said with a laugh. "Bye, girl." She said then hung up.

"Thanks." I said and handed Colby his phone. "No problem." He said then looked at his phone. He was probably messaging number four back, setting up a time for them to hook up.

I wanted to believe that it didn't hurt that he was sleeping with not only one other person but literally fourteen other girls.

But it did.